RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: Number of PM's that non-donators can have?

Number of PM's that non-donators can have?

I decided to NOT be a sponsor this time around after many years of happily giving my money to the cause. The reason is not important (well it is to me) but i would be happy to tell anyone privately that cares.
    After the sponsor tag was removed suddenly my available PM's went from a lot to a vastly smaller unknown number.
    I have deleted many PM's but I have no idea how many a lowly member is allotted, and I cannot find it anywhere.
    Can anyone point to the place where it tells me?
    I am getting notifications that my inbox is full and people are trying to contact me.
    Thanks,
    fish4bugs
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

400 between all the boxes.

Thank you sir!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

Aside from being a donor, EVERYONE should try to eliminate ALL old INBOX and SENT PM's. This helps reduce the server space required to store and the overhead costs for supporting Castboolits.gunloads.com. And that is a donation to the cause that costs each of us nothing, except a few minutes of filing time.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Banned

Doesn't seem fair!

Boolit Master
    Life is that way, Grasshopper.

Boolit Master

I delete private messages usually after the deal is done , screenshot and save them to a folder on your computer or to the cloud if thats your thing , I do not use cloud storage preferring to make my own backups , but from personal experience backup the backups , and after a recent experience with windows unable to load and unable to repair itself , I keep a copy of linux to run from disk and a cable to slave if needed .

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I'd be more than happy to give some server space back if someone would explain in clear instructions how to delete photos that are no longer needed. I'm not a computer whiz -I've searched and obviously in the wrong places on here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would delete un-needed photos if we could find the instructions. If someone could direct where to find them I'd greatly appreciate it.

Boolit Grand Master

I cancelled or, rather, let the sponser thing run out and just sent a check this year for the same amount. I saw the tag under my picture removed but that's ok. I didn't know there was a limit on PM's. I save some that have great information on them (Larry Gibson, NoBade) but delete the rest. Thanks for the number I can have.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I'd be more than happy to give some server space back if someone would explain in clear instructions how to delete photos that are no longer needed. I'm not a computer whiz -I've searched and obviously in the wrong places on here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would delete un-needed photos if we could find the instructions. If someone could direct where to find them I'd greatly appreciate it.
    This^^^^^^ Also sent/received message removal.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Glad I found this thread. I just deleted about 100 PM's. Probably in a month or two, I'll have saved the ones I don't want to lose and have them on my hard drive. It won't be the end of the world if the hard drive dies.
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Pretty simple, (has to be for me to do it) this is for all of us computer challenged

Might be a good idea to save any you want to keep in your computer!

go to the top right of page and pick your name to open the choices from the list:

Pick profile
    • Down left side find your album(s)
    • Pick the picture and it will open the album showing each picture.
    • On the right side pick edit photos
    • This will open all of the pictures and you can check a box next to the pictures delete this photo you want to erase
    • go to the bottom and pick save changes

Tada they are gone.

Warning
    Be sure you want to do this as it will take these attachments out of your posts so no one will see them again. Warning

Now if you have attached pictures to posts that are not in your album then:

go to your UserCP.
    • Down the left side towards the bottom you will see attachments.
    • Pick that and a list of all your attachments will open.
    • Pick the little box next to the ones you want to erase
    • Scroll to the bottom and pick Delete selected and they wil be gone never to return.
    Last edited by Minerat; 09-17-2019 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Fixing
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    O K ---Post #12 deals with deletion of pictures. How do I delete items from my inbox???
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Go to PRIVATE MESSAGES at the top menu bar of Castboolits. That navigation automatically drops you in your INBOX folder.

Check the square box at the END of the message(s) you wish to "modify". You can check ALL messages at the very top right corner of that list if you choose.

Then scroll down to the bottom right corner of that list of PM's and tag the drop down menu there, which will allow options, one of which is DELETE. Then tag DELETE.

Do the same functions at the upper left hand corner of the PM's Forum for SENT messages.

Land Owner, ya beat me to it. I was going to handle that when I got home (now). Thanks a bunch.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

I beat ya with 25 minutes to spare. Probably the time it took you to get through traffic from WORK.

Retirement is GOOD as well as knowing where to put the "X".

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the information. My in/out box is now adjusted!
    R.D.M.