RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change in the way MP-Molds is going to do Group Buys

In Remembrance

Change in the way MP-Molds is going to do Group Buys

Miha posted this is one of my group buys:
    ----------------
    Dhl is what I use from now on. Many problems with post lately.
    If you look closer you will see that mold is 76€ + shipping 11€. I know it is a bit more than declared, but you will have mold in 3-5days. (and you can track it all the time).

Because of DHL I don't send invoices anymore.
    -----------------

The Honchos need to discuss, perhaps with Miha, a NEW PLAN for handling the collection of group buy participants, since he's no longer going to do invoicing. Looks like he's merely going to send participants to his web site to buy directly. This is a significant change in how group buys have been done. All group buys need to let list members know of this change..

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the news Duke.

The only concern I might have is if a mold, as part of a group buy I signed up for, could be "bought out from under me" by someone else and how the list of "signees" will be given first shot on the buys.

Like you've stated, the Honcho's need to get things worked out with Miha. I'll be staying tuned, rest assured.

Thanks
    Bob

Boolit Master
    I’ve been waiting on an invoice...guess I’ll check his website.

Boolit Master

In Remembrance

Apparently, one of his recent Post Office shipments got sent all the way back to Miha, and then had to get re-shipped to the States again. Guess the Post office wasn't happy with having to wait for a signature. DHL always delivers, and it comes much faster.

It's my understanding that beginning with my recent 45 ACP lightweight SWC mold, and all subsequent molds, getting on the list gets you a mold made, but no more invoicing like he has always done it. The 45 mold had some PC (powder coat/no lube groove) orders, and he's still working on machining those. He always makes a couple of extras of everything, so maybe you shouldn't worry about anyone grabbing a mold from under you. However, some guys take a while to pay the previous invoices. That delayed payment might not be so good any more. Dunno. I've got one more mold to work through, and then I am retiring from HONCHO duty.

I'm hoping the best for everyone. Miha and his company, MP-Molds, has been amazing to work with (as a vendor), and as most of you already know, his work is breathtaking quality. So, I know his group buys will continue to be a success, he and the remaining honchos just need to work out the new wrinkle.

Thanks to all my group buy buyers for working with me over the past few years. And, a special thanks to the admins/moderators/ and the rest of the great people here at CB who make this all really possible in the first place. There are other places to buy custom molds out there. But, none like this amazing community.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    when does this start taking effect is it going all the way back (been waiting over a year on one ) or will it be from this date forward on new group buys?

Thank you Duke. I appreciate the heads up.

In Remembrance

My understanding is that it is on all Discussion, Currently Active, and recently machined (and ready to start shipping orders). In other words, he has NOW (effective immediately) switched to DHL shipping. And, that change necessitates the way he will no longer issue invoices. All orders will need to get paid for directly through his web site. So, if you have a mold(s) coming, and haven't paid for it yet, this effects you, and the payment for those molds.

Please note that Miha has NEVER asked anyone to pay ahead of time for molds you are on a list for. You are only responsible for paying when he indicates the molds are ready to ship. So, if you are early on in the process (like still waiting for molds to get machined), save your pennies. You won't need to pay at his web site until they are machined and ready to ship. Clear enough?

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    good to go thanks for heads up, this will probably streamline things at his end and make for better production. Whatever it takes he produces a high quality product and I truly appreciate that.

Boolit Buddy

Since this is effective immediately........

How will I be notified that group buy molds are in his e-shop and ready to be purchased?

How will he prevent someone buying my mold before I can?

Thanks,
    JB
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Boolit Master
    The addition of DHL was good if you have lazy mailmen and incompetent postal workers who frequently don't actually attempt deliveries, or who will misplace packages at the post office after leaving a delivery slip in the mailbox but never checking to see if you were actually home, or who will at random deliver the mail to people several miles down the road from you because you have the same last name even if you don't know who they are and they don't know you.

On the plus side, due to the incompetence of my local postal service I've gotten to meet a lot of new people, as I take misdelivered mail to houses in the area and have misdelivered mail delivered to me...

In Remembrance

Post Office and UPS mis-delivered mail hasn't worked out so well for me and most people. Too many dis-honest people around. I once had an expensive 45 Long Colt Contender barrel, which was sent UPS, insured, get dropped off at a wrong house, and it took 4 months to deal with. You are lucky.

On the other hand, the DHL guy always rings the doorbell, smiles, and hands me the package. There is a great way (if you sign up with DHL) to give permission to leave the package (you allow that permission to be the same as a signature). They have NEVER mis-delivered a package. This is an amazing improvement. Just a couple of hurdles to now (for some of you) to get used to.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

So,
    If the GB molds go into his E store, that those that have no use for PP and use a CC ??
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

I have tried buying molds off his site. Never had any luck. Third phone i have tried on his site to order molds and 3 times no luck.his site shows up all wonky and nothing goes into the cart. Tried many times to sign in. Won't let me. Guessing i will have to stick with NOE.

In Remembrance

Are those of you having issues trying to do this buying using your cell phones?

If so, this MIGHT be an unexpected issue for Miha. It's possible that his site has not properly been optimized for use with current phone systems. I'm asking as a way to assist Miha with fixing the issues some of you are having.
    I have no issues with buying molds on his site using my PC.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    I ordered this last .45 mold from his website on my phone just fine
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master
    I've never had an issue with his site on mobile.

If it causes an issue for some reason for you, change the option to display the site as if it were a desktop site. Depending on your browser that is done differently, but any common browser will have the option.

Thank you. I think i tried that before, but will try again.

Boolit Master
    I have successfully purchased from his site.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    There is a great way (if you sign up with DHL) to give permission to leave the package (you allow that permission to be the same as a signature).
    Miha must do his part for this to work. I have tried several times recently to manage mold delivery in the way you describe and have been told by DHL managers that the shipper must register the package appropriately before the recipient has any control over its delivery.
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast