Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W rear sight blade campaign

Boolit Master
    The first things I do to a new-to-me S&W are an action spring kit and a Weigand match rear sight blade. Prior to adopting the Weigand blades, I used to use a neck hold on my B27-match guns and would install one of the short-height blades on them. Therefore my life has been rife with flying springs, plungers, etc. My current shop has one M92 cartridge stop spring, one Remington 514 ejector, plunger AND spring, and several other parts I disremember spread about here and there. The M92 spring may still be in low earth orbit. It caromed off the frame of my glasses, and I heard two other distinct taps after it went out of sight behind me. The shop at our former residence still has two or three S&W rear sight plungers and springs and assorted other parts somewhere inside it, despite the fact that when we first moved there I slopped white paint all over the walls and floor, leaving nowhere for anything to hide, and upon leaving there I swept with broom AND magnet AND vacuumed. The evidence-retrieval/mechanic's magnet, broom/dustpan and filtered shop vac/dust buster are our friends, but I have still had to make sight plungers out of rod stock. I finally ordered the six-pack of rear sight springs & plungers, and still have several sets. Somewhere in the gold shag carpet of my first residence resides a S&W cylinder stop spring and a bolt plunger with its spring.
    Even after adopting the shop-rag-over-the-action trick, I still have an occasional part get launched. I will try the gallon zipper bag trick next time.
    Last edited by Old School Big Bore; 09-19-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: correction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12