ADvertise hereRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 6135 USD (102%)
OUR GOAL HAS BEEN MET!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Thread: Need help finding screws

Boolit Mold

Need help finding screws

I have a GM drop in barrel for a T/C that I need to shim to get it to fit in my stock. The screws that hold the lug on the barrel are too short after the shims. They only have maybe two threads holding the lug on. Does anyone know where I can find some screws? I don't know the tread pitch. I need them about 3/8 in long. The hole is tapped far enough in. Thanks! Joe

Boolit Master
    I don't know what thread they are either, but everything on a TC should be standard thread. They are probably #8 screws. Any hardware store will have them.

Boolit Mold
    This is a Green Mountain barrel, it's not a TC part or a standard screw. But, I'll check the specialty drawer at Lowes.

Boolit Master
    I would really be surprised if Green Mountain used metric screws. I'm sure most are aware, but the quick and easy test is to find the nut drawer and find the size that way. I assume this a counter sunk screw, either flat or allen head. I've never been to lowes, but they should have it if they are worth anything.

Boolit Master

You may have to go to a real old school hardware store.

If you can't take the barrel, take a screw, test it on a known size nut to be sure the thread pattern is right.

I've done that and sometimes had to get a longer screw that could be filed down--carefully.
    Everyone can learn from their mistakes.
    However; it's less painful, and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of others.

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth, and skill.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If you have a Cardinal True Value store, they may have them. The local one carries an assortment of gun screws.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    Numrich! Should have known. Fillister Head Screw, New (6-48 x 3/8") $2.75 each. Price plus shipping will hurt, but I need them.

Boolit Buddy

I found some on flea bay for less. Thanks for the info, I have the same problem.
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE
    NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER
    NRA CERTIFIED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR & RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
    FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER
    NJ2AS MEMBER
    ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD