RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Model 13 New grips

Boolit Master

Model 13 New grips

My Model 13 has a new set of Altamont grips and they fit my hand like a glove. I will be trying them out in a few days. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DED9B675-87FA-486F-B5C9-CCB0423D97CD.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	248126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEE4916B-CEC0-403A-834D-A004A9A756C0.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	248127

Boolit Grand Master
    They look swell. In years gone buy I dearly wanted one of those revolvers. IMO, they were the pinnacle of the concealed carry revolvers. Carried like a snubby and shot like a service revolver.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Banned

I've had Altamont grips and they do fit well.......I just don't like the laminated look!

About a dozen and a half of my revolvers sport Altamont grips, mostly the Fleur de leis checkered style in Rosewood for the Blackhawks. The quality is first rate and the price is fair, being much less than most other grip makers.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

That's a nice looking revolver. I actually like the laminated wood grips better on guns that I carry. Sweat is hard on vintage S&W grips. I own a number of auto loading pistols and think Glocks are pretty fantastic guns. That said I prefer revolvers for about all my handgun needs. I also don't like chasing brass and I have a feeling magazines may be difficult to obtain in the future.

Boolit Master

This is my second set of Altamont grips and I may being going back for more. Both have been first rate on workmanship and the price is better than most. I normally prefer good grade wood (walnut, pauo fero, etc.) but I am going to carry this revolver a lot and next to my body with a inside the waistband holster. That mean moisture as I sweat a lot and natural wood might not hold up so well. Laminated wood does and I speak from experience as I have had it on several hunting rifles. I am a revolver man thru and thru and this is my second model 13. My grandson took the 4" barrel for his and I hunted and found a replacement and hit the jackpot with this 3" model. This revolver is fast becoming my all time favorite and I have owned more than a few revolvers over the years. It balances and handles extremely well and shoots better than I can at my advanced age(I am a dinosaur). Thanks for all the kind comments. I may put up a picture of the 4" .45 ACP/AR Model 22-4 soon. later, james

Banned
    I am a HUGE fan of the 3" models 13 & 65 Smith & Wesson's. Awesome guns and maybe the pinnacle of combat revolvers.

That smooth grip is perfect for that type of use - concealed carry, with a cover garment or open carry. That smooth grip will not "grab" a cover garment and it allows a user to get a fast grip.
    On top of that - They Look Great !

That 3" heavy barrel is really a good compromise for a K-frame used as a fighting tool. It's a little bit easier to carry and conceal than a 4" tube. It clears the holster just a tad faster and it's a little lighter than the same gun with a 4" barrel. You still get a good sight radius and a 6 round cylinder.

Those Altamont's fill the role perfectly.
    Thanks For Sharing.