Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage 32 acp front sight

Boolit Master
    The JB Weld is actually pretty close in color to the barrel. And the sight picture isn't bad. Maybe someday I'll attempt a blade sight. For now, the gun is a great shooter with that ten round mag.

Banned
    Some people would pay good money for a brass bead front sight. I think you may have found your solution.

Looking good with that sight. I too, enjoy my .32s, Savage and Colt. With my cast bullet loads, the little guns are not to be disregarded as defensive weapons.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master
    Without really planning it, I've started collecting .32 guns. I have the Savage, a Mauser, a Meloir (Belguim), a Colt revolver, .32-20 Marlin rifle and a Winchester Self Loader. I hope The Store stops taking them in (or maybe I should stop looking).

Boolit Bub

replacement sight

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    Without really planning it, I've started collecting .32 guns. I have the Savage, a Mauser, a Meloir (Belguim), a Colt revolver, .32-20 Marlin rifle and a Winchester Self Loader. I hope The Store stops taking them in (or maybe I should stop looking).
    The front sight fell off my 1907 Savage pistol. Efforts to find it by magnet, scooping surrounding dirt and grit into a 5 gallon bucket filled with water, all failed. I bought a replacement from Jack First. Not knowing how to peen inside the slide, I fixed the sight in place with the blue version of a popular epoxy, then clamped with multiple wrapping of giant rubber band for 24 hours, then removed the excess portion of the post with a Dremel. Works like a champ.
    Last edited by olgandalf; 11-03-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Boolit Master
    Great handgun. Buffalo Bill liked it, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Savage1907.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3x62al View Post
    sounds like its good-to-go. Paint that critter with some bluing tint or black stuff, and carry on.

There was a time in past years when aesthetics carried a lot more weight with me than it does now. These days, i am all about functional integrity, and aesthetics can ride in the back seat. Or the pickup bed, if it gets crabby. I have a win 94 that was in need of a new forearm/barrel band--those tiny threads on the cross-bolt strip out easily. Try as i might, a blue steel band was unobtainium. I had to settle for a brass-looking thing from one of the 1980s "commemorative of the week" usra production period. This one was likely meant for a rifle intended for display over the mantle of a cathouse fireplace, but it will serve. Buckshot and i installed it, and it serves on. I ignore it, though it was not my first choice.

All things have their limits, though. That green raybar light tube gizmo on my 4" sp-101 front sight makes me crazy. Hate those things. Now that health and physical strength are returning, that whatzis gadgetry's days are truly numbered. Some things.....are just beyond the pale. The use of black spray paint suggests itself strongly.
    major like!!
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12