WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Dual Citizenship Rescinded

Boolit Master

Dual Citizenship Rescinded

Huh? What? Yep, I did it to myself. Some of you might have noticed that my location showed “New Mexico/Baytown, Texas.” The first couple that looked at the NM house bought it. (With a 1300 sq ft shop what’s not to like?). The movers came on Saturday and took our stuff away. Tonight we’re sitting in our new home in Baytown with no plans to return to NM. I was (am) a New Mexico native but grew up from the end of 1st grade in Houston. Most of my family is nearby. We got a great retirement home near family, saltwater, shooting sports and RC airplane fields. That covers most of my vices.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Welcome home.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Congrats!, since it seems that it was what you wanted.

Enjoy!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Welcome Back...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Congrats....have a great retirement...sounds like with those vices...you'll have a blast.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    Having visited both, I could never live in that part of Texas. But family is important.

I spent almost a week in Santa Fe NM. and loved the place...but too far from my family to ever live there.

Good luck with your move!!
    Don Verna

I have lived in New Mexico twice and really like the place, but I am a Texan through and through. I have a son in Houston and been to Bay Town many times. I hope you didn't get there just in time for a big hurricane. I live on the Texas Gulf coast (near Brownsville) and this time of year, we all get antsy, because it is the peak of Gulf hurricane season.

Welcome back....
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy
    My son just sold his house in Farmington and is wrapping up a job he took. He can't wait to get out of NM with that new governor and what Richardson did to the oil industry. Farmington is going to be a ghost town between richardson and that new governor. It's a shame, I'll miss going out there to visit. Just love the west.

Boolit Master

There are many things that used to be great about NM. Unfortunately Johnho is right. The state is dependent on oil and gas revenues yet the new governor and legislature has passed many anti-oil laws. Santa Fe is a beautiful city with a summer climate second to none and is headed to becoming San Francisco East.

I lived in Farmington for several years when I was a puppy and loved it. Met my first wife there but lost her to brain cancer a few years later.

It’s been nice not having to deal with hurricane season for many years but had to get near my parents while we can still enjoy life together. The movers unloaded yesterday and the work starts again after we rest for a day or two. At this point we expect the next move to be to the final resting place but you never know what the future may have waiting.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Sorry to see sensible folks leave NM. With the crooked Gov and legislature bought by Bloomberg we are in real trouble. Some sad examples: Gunowner Harassment act requires FFL NICS check on all gun sales, even for those with FFL3 licenses, CCW, etc., Increased property taxes 12%, Increased car buyer tax 33%, Spent entire $500,000,000 state budget surplus on ?, Refuses to work with federal law enforcement, Joins every lawsuit against federal gov't, Declared NM will be 'carbon-free' and get rid of oil and gas industry. etc. etc. etc.

Nice to see former Farmington NM folks here. I was Sr. Pastor of First United Methodist Church there back in the late 80's. I loved the church, the church members, the community and the entire area. I wish I had stayed longer.

New Mexico has always been a quirky place. Like most states that are mostly rural and small towns, the very few population centers control the political life of the entire state. In New Mexico that would be ABQ and Last Cruces. They run the entire show. The rest of the folks vote in vain.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Having lived in Houston, Huntsville, and Texas City while managing Academy stores right after college you will have lots more opportunity to do the things you love with those you love close by. Glad you made it back safely. We had been looking at property just north and east of Aztec NM for our last hopefully retirement home with hunting an fishing nearby but the political winds made it impossible for us to go there. So, we are heading to the White Mountains of Arizona instead. Can't wait to get there too.