PBcastcoReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Strathmore 300 Tracing Paper.

Boolit Master

Strathmore 300 Tracing Paper.

Is anyone else using this paper?

I bought some 200 and 300 at the same time. They seemed to wrap the same upon initial inspection.
    I ran out of my cut 200 so cut some more from 300 a couple days ago.
    It seems to me that the 300 in near perfect for my style of wrapping. Maybe I was more careful in cutting the patches or maybe it stretches less or more or something but I have a hard time finding the seams on these wrapped bullets. They're damn near perfect.

I'm going to cut some more tonight in a little larger quantity to see if it still holds consistent when cutting through a few more sheets at a time.
    I'm using a sliding blade style paper cutter which has given me decent results thus far.

Might be worth grabbing some of this paper if you find yourself near an AC Moore

oh and the thickness as best I could tell was .0018"

I use it for 40 and 45 caliber BPCR loads, works well and easy to find locally at Hobby Lobby ��

There are those who will argue but about any tracing paper I have found works well. I remember using some Strathmore once but can't say it was any better or worse than other tracing paper. Thickness and stretch are two important factors to me and I can change the direction of the cut to reduce or eliminate stretch if it is excessive. If you are cheap and have access to restaurant paper supplies, Glenvale Deli Paper from James River paper company works very well for me. My sister-in-law gave me a box to try out and I am delighted.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cash View Post
    There are those who will argue but about any tracing paper I have found works well. I remember using some Strathmore once but can't say it was any better or worse than other tracing paper. Thickness and stretch are two important factors to me and I can change the direction of the cut to reduce or eliminate stretch if it is excessive. If you are cheap and have access to restaurant paper supplies, Glenvale Deli Paper from James River paper company works very well for me. My sister-in-law gave me a box to try out and I am delighted.

I’ll have to try that out. I happen to work for a foodservice supplier.