MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Here's my Special Project.

Here's my Special Project.

As some of you know I have been building a Built from scratch Cummins Powered Jeep Scrambler for the last 11 years.

I am happy to inform everyone that it is finally on the road. Far from done,,, but driveable. 11 years + to get here!

It made it's maiden voyage out of the garage for the first time under power on 3 July 2019 ! There are several videos on youtube showing it and one long one explaining what is actually there.

I have been driving it for about a month now and working all the little bugs out of it before I move on to fabrication of the Bumpers, Tire Carrier, Side Armour with Steps, and installation of the /full length Hard Top and Doors.

Here's a link to the first video and the rest are right there with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ4Q1ELw1Kg

There is lots more to come with this vehicle and you really should subscribe to the channel as then you'll be notified when any new content comes up.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

That’s a right “clean” looking Jeep... and it sounds good!
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

Hey I would drive that! Looks great so far.

Boolit Master

Well, I'd say your grin as you pull out is well merited! Sounds like my old diesel Scout II. My current Jeep TJ is white, as is yours. It's going on 20 years old and I intend to feed it money and mods until they bury me in it.

Boolit Buddy
    Like to see how you stuffed the motor under the hood.
    thanks kurt

Super Moderator Emeritus
    you now have the second one of those i have seen. congratulations on a difficult project.

The Cummins Engine in a Jeep is not new. Building the entire Jeep from scratch around the Cummins Motor is.

There was actually alot of room in the engine compartment and it is reasonably easy to work on. There is about 6" between the rear of the engine and the Firewall and 2" between the fan and the Radiator. Plenty of room on both sides for servicing. See pics.

And yes the grin was real,,, and a long time coming.

Randy

Attachment 248085

Attachment 248086
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

USMC 77, USRA 79

i just love this project Randy!!!! very clean looking!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy
    Most excellent project Randy. Admirable perseverance... 11 years, wow!

That is awesome. Sounds great. Looks great. Keep going

Thanks guys,,, the Build Thread over at 4btswaps.com has 263,500 views as of tonight. It is averaging about 1500 views a week which is pretty good.

Here's a link to the thread. https://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showt...he-Descrambler

You'll need to sign up for the site to see all the pictures, but it only takes a couple of minutes to do that, and it is worth it as there is over 1150 posts and probably 800 or so pictures to look at. It shows the build from "Frame on Wheels," to where it is at right now, with pictures showing everything I did while fabricating this car. You'll need several nights to cover the whole thread. A lot to see and a lot to learn.

Randy

The build is progressing nicely and the bugs are being weeded out as they show up. About ready to start fabbing bumpers and the tire carrier.

The car is driving nicely and is starting to really be fun to be in.

Most gun projects are kind of on hold right now unless it is something that can be turned around quickly.

Randy

Boolit Master
    I once found a 46 willy's in horrible condition. Floor boards rotted away, no seats, wouldn't start and a host of other problems. When I went inside to inquire about price the seller quoted a price of 6K. In cash and I'd have to arrange towing. Delusions of granduer I calls it. Wouldn't budge on price nor towing.Finally told him hope you are happy with it as you'll be together a good long while. That willys sat there for another two years rotting away. one of my friends had asked about it and I related the story he concurred with what I said. Course I had a two car garage and most of the tools to rebuild it. Frank

Moderator Emeritus

Randy....all good things are worth the wait....great job!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Banned
    That is an AWESOME project !

I always wanted to do something similar but life keeps getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    That is an AWESOME project !

I always wanted to do something similar but life keeps getting in the way.
    Yeah,,, We don't have any kids! 30 years together on Monday,,, 9/30/89-19 !

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 09-28-2019 at 05:01 PM.