WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lee 358-200RNFP in a levergun.

Lee 358-200RNFP in a levergun.

I have one of these molds arriving today. I would like to shoot this boolit in a Rossi 92 and a Marlin 1894 Cowboy.
    I am guessing one might have to crimp over the front driving band to get these to chamber in .357 cases?

Does anyone have any experience with this mold and leverguns?

Load data seems few and far between as well. What have you guys tried in both 38 and 357?
    Waco.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

I'm A Honcho!
    I love this boolit. So much so that I cloned it for a MP Molds run. I liked that it was lighter than the original Lyman. I would suggest getting a collet crimp die and crimp where it feeds good. Get a length then work up a load.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/atta...2&d=1560712445
    Last edited by bluejay75; 09-07-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Bluejay75. What are you shooting the pictured bullets in? I loaded up a dummy round in a 38 case at 1.625" and it feeds in my Rossi 92 like butter.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

I'm A Honcho!
    Handi Rifle and 77/357. I put a few through my Smith from time to time as well.

Use that same length in a 357 case as well. That case can’t handle some of the pressures you’re going to generate.

The 2400 load in 38 special cases was the only slow burning powder I had that didn’t split cases regularly.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Moderator Emeritus

BLR in 358 did very well, I am not sure how deep you would have to seat it in a 357.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Not trying to get off course with this bullet choice but I just shot lyman’s 195 grain 358430 loaded from data out of lyman’s 45th edition in the 38 special case with 9.5 grains 2400 and a stated velocity of about 900 FPS in a 6” barrel. I shot this out of my new to me Marlin 1894 CS with micro groove sized to .358. Didn’t get a group size at 100 yards but I couldn’t miss the 10” steel plate even off hand resting against a beam. I am guessing at least 1100 to maybe 1200 FPS out of the 18.5” barrel. So fun that I immediately cast another 100 of these for the same load.

Banned
    2400 13.5gr 358-158 pc'd -- deadly accurate in an IMI pump 357 mag.