Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 350 legend bullet question

Boolit Master
    Something of an academic question here. I have, on occasion, considered sizing jacketed bullets down for oddball bore rifles. I did not due to concern that the core would wind up loose in the jacket due to different “spring back” of lead vs jacket. Is anyone seeing any sign that it is a real concern? Question is more around core separation in game, I suspect it all locks up under acceleration in the bore.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9482667D-6BDB-4922-B8CB-8B9238B552D7.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	250056

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Something of an academic question here. I have, on occasion, considered sizing jacketed bullets down for oddball bore rifles. I did not due to concern that the core would wind up loose in the jacket due to different “spring back” of lead vs jacket. Is anyone seeing any sign that it is a real concern? Question is more around core separation in game, I suspect it all locks up under acceleration in the bore.
    Yes its aweful...

The above pic is three bullets @ 50 yards. Its a 140 FTX sized down to .356.

Stop worrying and squeeze the bullets mister!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I shoot a old .351 Winchester Self Load it could be the mother of the 350 legend If not for the smaller bore and small semi rim!
    For bullets I size .357 jacketed bullets to .351 and they shoot great with iron sights 1" 50 yard groups are common not bad for a rifle made in 1916!

I also noticed just how close the .223 case is to the .351 case and trim and use them as a rimless case they shoot and function in my gun just fine others have said they will not eject from their guns. This is a bit confusing as the gun is a unlocked fully recoil operated gun lust like most .380 pistols it seems the brass should be pushing the "block" back ?
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12