MidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise hereRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 6135 USD (102%)
OUR GOAL HAS BEEN MET!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACTIVE: MP Molds Buckbuster 12 GA POLYWAD Slug HB Mold

Boolit Buddy

I’m Interested in the full bore .729 version. benolsonrocks at gmail dot com

Boolit Bub
    ke4vpn at gmail dot net - 2 Cavity-.680 Diameter-All Pins-28073

Boolit Master

We are getting close. Almost have enough

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    We are getting close. Almost have enough

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Unless it's a Typo, it looks like we got bumped up from 15 to a 20 minimum. It's going to be a while.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm surprised more of the slug shooting crowd hasn't gotten in on this one. I haven't bought a mould in quite a while but this one has me excited! I wasn't going to pass this one up!

If the full bore version runs as well I'll likely splurge and get it too. I like the design.

I actually prefer the idea of full bore but a guy can't have enough options... wad slug and full bore pretty much covers it. If you want easy loading just dropping a slug in a wad is easy and also works for using factory rounds with shot dumped out... assuming the wad petals are reasonably close to fit. That might not give optimum accuracy but it is quick, easy and cheap and for those SHTF types an option they shouldn't be without so jump in and buy a couple of moulds you guys! The more the merrier! If this works like the original then with good wad fit and/or planned obturation it should be quite accurate.

Full bore is more likely (in my mind) to give best accuracy but requires custom wad columns of some type and lubing so a little more work.

Get them both and cover your bases I say!

I'm going to make a new nose form and HB pin for my full bore mould and see if I can duplicate the Buckbuster close enough then play a bit. I'd still like the Mihec full bore brass mould too though.

Longbow

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I'm surprised more of the slug shooting crowd hasn't gotten in on this one. I haven't bought a mould in quite a while but this one has me excited! I wasn't going to pass this one up!

If the full bore version runs as well I'll likely splurge and get it too. I like the design.

I actually prefer the idea of full bore but a guy can't have enough options... wad slug and full bore pretty much covers it. If you want easy loading just dropping a slug in a wad is easy and also works for using factory rounds with shot dumped out... assuming the wad petals are reasonably close to fit. That might not give optimum accuracy but it is quick, easy and cheap and for those SHTF types an option they shouldn't be without so jump in and buy a couple of moulds you guys! The more the merrier! If this works like the original then with good wad fit and/or planned obturation it should be quite accurate.

Full bore is more likely (in my mind) to give best accuracy but requires custom wad columns of some type and lubing so a little more work.

Get them both and cover your bases I say!

I'm going to make a new nose form and HB pin for my full bore mould and see if I can duplicate the Buckbuster close enough then play a bit. I'd still like the Mihec full bore brass mould too though.

Longbow
    I don't even know what to think. The design already had to be changed so that it could be casted rather than swaged. Not a huge deal. Then out of left field came this full bore version, now the guys out of the loop like newcastter are confused. Plus now we have a tumble lube wad slug. MP molds has made smooth bullets with the same lube groove cherry many times before. I don't understand why he cant make a smooth slug now. Nobody said anything about a full bore slug in the first place. It was supposed to be a BUCKBUSTER clone.

The idea of a full bore version is not a good one. It already exists! Accurate molds 73-770SU.

I'm A Honcho!
    It shouldnt be too hard to close 8 more sign ups.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Grand Master

msm I am glad you started the discussion that turned into this group buy and I won't disagree that the idea of a Buckbuster clone was a great idea and I would have been happy with the smooth Buckbuster clone you suggested. No problem there at all. I would have been happy with that.

However, I am a smoothbore shooter and like the idea of a full bore version as well.

The Buckbuster should be a good full bore slug for smoothbore as well. The Accurate 73-770SU might work well for rifled gun but not so much for smoothbore.

The tumble lube grooves shouldn't detract from the wad slug and are a benefit for the full bore version.

I'd like both.

Again thanks for initiating this and I guess I have to say I'm sorry it deviated from your vision but I have to think the grooved wad slug will be just as good as a smooth version.

Just my opinion.

Longbow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12