Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Threads on sidemounted sling swivel

Boolit Master

Threads on sidemounted sling swivel

Have a nice VZ24 stock and cannot take the round nut and get it tight. Took it apart and found that the threaded section that goes through the stock has bad threads. I have a metric set of taps and dies so should be able to rethread the stem. question is what are the threads?. Any help will be appreciated. Other wise I'll have to plug both the round and rectangular holes. Frank

I maybe can help you out with this. First, to determine the thread count you need a thread pitch gauge. The come in both inch and metric versions, and a few in both. They're kind of like a folding multi-bladed pocket knife in that they have a couple of dozen "blades" that are pre-cut with various threads, and you keep fitting the individual blades into the thread until you find one that matches, then read what's written on the side of the blade. Seems kind of archaic, but that's how it's done.

BUT (like they say on TV), WAIT-- There's more! I have a coffee can full of these bands and screws, and will be happy to send me one if you want to PM me with your mailing address. Seems easier.

Boolit Master
    Why thank you!. Tried to use the metric thread guage but the threads are so bad couldn't get an accurate reading. Will PM you with my address. Have both an SAE and Metric tap and die set so tried a 5mmx9 but didn't want to mess up the locking ring. Thanks again,Frank

Boolit Master

hit numrich or other surplus gun parts place and get another one. simply replacing it is the easiest option.