Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carry Permits...

OK list some arrests, show something other than hot air.

Boolit Buddy

I'm done with your "show me the money" attitude, not worth my time or trouble.
    Have a nice day

2shot

Why not just avoid Illinois?
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Quote Originally Posted by 2shot View Post
    I'm done with your "show me the money" attitude, not worth my time or trouble.
    Have a nice day

2shot
    Yea I expected that, you got nothing. OTH I have the law on my side with the actual Il law that says pepper spray is legal. ON top of that check any legal opinion and it is the same pepper spray is legal in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    Why not just avoid Illinois?
    Unfortunately that is not possible for some people, so they have to adjust the best way they can to stay within the law.

I was able to find a number of arrests in Illinois for using pepper spray. They were all for assaults using the pepper spray as a weapon and not done as defense. Usually the opening shot in a beating or robbery. In one case it was used against a police officer.

On another down side to this issue, I found reports of children in school using pepper spray as a means to bully someone or disrupt classes. If enough people misuse the stuff, it may get banned, no matter how useful it is for legal defensive purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I was able to find a number of arrests in Illinois for using pepper spray. They were all for assaults using the pepper spray as a weapon and not done as defense. Usually the opening shot in a beating or robbery. In one case it was used against a police officer.

On another down side to this issue, I found reports of children in school using pepper spray as a means to bully someone or disrupt classes. If enough people misuse the stuff, it may get banned, no matter how useful it is for legal defensive purposes.
    I was aware of that type of arrests, no different than using a hammer as a weapon in a crime. What I was asking was for arrests based solely on the carry of pepper spray. I know Chicago has an ordinance banning using pepper spray indoors, but that is only for using it, not carrying. Before I rode through Il I checked several legal sites, and all said pepper spray carry is legal. On top of that I know several officers from Illinois who encourage carry of pepper spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    I was aware of that type of arrests, no different than using a hammer as a weapon in a crime. What I was asking was for arrests based solely on the carry of pepper spray. I know Chicago has an ordinance banning using pepper spray indoors, but that is only for using it, not carrying. Before I rode through Il I checked several legal sites, and all said pepper spray carry is legal. On top of that I know several officers from Illinois who encourage carry of pepper spray.
    I am not familiar with the different municipality laws/ordinances on pepper spray. It is legal in Illinois. It is also the best choice if you cannot or will not carry a firearm.
    I wasn't able to find any records of arrests for simply carrying pepper spray.

Boolit Master
    A bic lighter & a can of WD40, ether, or the like, could be useful if someone is trying your patience. Even a mouthful of a high proof alchohol lit off when spit out would likely get any antagonist some second thoughts as well... Tax stamped Everclear grain alcohol illegal there?

I know spiders don't like it much if ya use the first suggestion. Bet bad guys would not like it either.

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    A bic lighter & a can of WD40, ether, or the like, could be useful if someone is trying your patience. Even a mouthful of a high proof alchohol lit off when spit out would likely get any antagonist some second thoughts as well... Tax stamped Everclear grain alcohol illegal there?

I know spiders don't like it much if ya use the first suggestion. Bet bad guys would not like it either.

That sounds nasty. I suspect you would need to be fairly close for that to work but since I have never used it, I don't know for certain.
    Wasp spray. The black flag brand is supposed to shoot out up to 20 feet.

Boolit Master

Wasp spray does not work for self defense stick with pepper spray
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Whenever I hear someone flippantly say "It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6", I hope they remember that while they are being gang raped in their cell as the new "Girl" on the block.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm glad I left Illinois. Ironically enough my Illinois concealed carry permit is still active.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Don Purcell View Post
    Whenever I hear someone flippantly say "It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6", I hope they remember that while they are being gang raped in their cell as the new "Girl" on the block.
    Bio
    Ok how about better alive then dead
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

Well, guess when I leave Indiana after spending a night there, I will lock the slide back, put a cable lock through the chamber and out the bottom where the magazine goes. Then I will put it in the case it came in and lock it in my tool box on my truck. I have the tool box wrapped with a Master Python cable lock so that would make it pretty difficult to open unless one has a good bolt cutter. I know, nothing is "break-in" proof, but it should put the handgun to rest until I leave Illinois. From there, I have no problem states to travel through...

Thanks...BCB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123