MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: 40 S&W, Power Pistol, and Missouri Bullet IDP9

Boolit Bub

40 S&W, Power Pistol, and Missouri Bullet IDP9

I shot my first loads with these Hi-tek coated bullets today in my full-size M&P40 and 610 4” revolver. I used starting load of Power Pistol 6.3 and CCI small pistol primers in mixed range pickup cases. I used the Redding dual ring as well as the G-Rx die in processing the brass. OAl was about 1.142” but I think I need a little longer, I had a few misfeeds.

I obtained velocity of 999 in the M&P vs 1001 in the 610, so almost identical, although the SD was higher in the semi auto, 17.1 vs 15.3

Does this sound about right so far? I was hoping to push these a little faster as I work up. Lyman 4th cast lists a max of 7.0 gr in Power Pistol, but says max velocity is only 1112. Several of the other max loads, including Unique, Acc #5, 800X, HS6, and even Blue Dot hit about 1200, so that doesn't look right.

Boolit Master
    I like hs6 in my 40 S&w loads. I used my cast lee 170 gr tc mold and rainer plated bullets. I had real good accuracy in my carbine but the hs6 liked the hotter loads for accuracy

Boolit Grand Master
    Unless you are planning to load these to prevent a black bear from chewing on you when hiking I guess I do not see the point in running these fast if they are just a practice load. Save some wear on your autoloader.

For any regular use I would most assuredly stay well away from anything going 1200 fps. A 186 PF with a 40 is sorta hard on the gun. The revolver won’t care so much.

Moderator Emeritus

No idea what weight those are running. I use the 6.3 load in my Kahr and just under the 7 gr load with the Lee 175. Both are accurate.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    155 grains.