RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Meat Tenderizer/Cuber

Boolit Master

Meat Tenderizer/Cuber

I am considering a meat tenderizer/cuber to use on some of the less tender cuts of game meat.
    I don`t need anything fancy but one that will do a good job.
    I`m not interested in spending a lot of money on one.
    A manually operated one or a reasonable electric one will do.
    What are you people using?....dale

Boolit Master
    Old Hobart came out of grocery store. Weighs a lot but is great. Tried a couple of plastic/nylon ones and they were a big waste of time & money.
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Boolit Master

Save your money and buy a used Hobart or Biro. They will never wear out and you will get a lot better results.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master

I have one of these and it works well on tougher cuts of meat. It will tear up a cutting board though. I have a cutting board just for use with this.
    https://www.amazon.com/Jaccard-20034.../dp/B001347JK6

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

I bought a used LEM grinder and it came with a tenderizer attachment, I haven't used it because I'm not into cubed steak. It's an older attachment because the new one does jerky as well, which I'd use, but it's too expensive to upgrade or get a new unit.
    Last edited by Omega; 09-02-2019 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Add pic
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Banned

my buddy uses this one https://www.amazon.com/Weston-Tender...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== and I use the same but mine is the unit that goes on the meat grinder. https://www.amazon.com/Weston-Tender...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== Mine will cube as fast as you can feed it.

Boolit Master

I thought about getting one, but really don't do that much to spending a lot on a big one. I ended up getting one like the picture below. I've had the mallets and such, they did pretty good. Thing I like about this one is that you can go over the meat well and then use spices or some dry rub and it works into the meat and marinates it very well. I got mine from a sporting goods store no longer open. This picture came from Amazon. BTW, easy to clean up by hand, dishwasher safe.

Attachment 247717
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.