Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New 1894 Cimmaron

Boolit Buddy

New 1894 Cimmaron

Has anybody handled or purchased the New 1894 Winchester style sold by Cimmaron. I think it's made by Uberti. It's advertised as having a 1-12". Any comments on the quality?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I haven't had the opportunity to see one in person or handle one but I would imagine that the quality of them would be on par with the other Uberti rifles. That said . . . . IMHO . . . I have to question just how many will buy them at the price they have on them. Personally, I have owned several Winchester 94s in both 30-30 and 32 Special and unless I really had my heart set on a Cimmaron/Uberti for whatever reason, I'd be looking for a good used vintage Winchester 94. I've seen too many good "earlier production" ones reasonably priced (much lower than what the Cimarron are priced) that will shoot the same cartridge just fine . . . maybe a bit of good honest wear to the finish but that just adds to the "character" of the older ones . . . but that's me.

Boolit Master
    I got a look at one when Taylor & co had there open house. Not a bad looking carbine on the outside but the internals looked kinda crude more like a 1980's rossi than a brand new Uberti.