WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Jesus was an Engineer

Jesus was an Engineer

Jesus Was an Engineer
    Matthew 7: 24-27

In 1906 San Francisco California was a thriving port city. Still awash in money from the recent gold rush in the mountains, San Francisco had built up a community for the wealthy, with many cultural venues and exquisite architecture. The city is built on a peninsula that protects a large bay against Pacific Ocean waves and currents. The population grew quickly as fortune-seekers came from everywhere to live where opportunity abounded. The wealthy built houses on the tops of the hills that define the peninsula, and put their foundations on the exposed bedrock.

Land close to the harbor was especially desired for building industrial facilities and homes (more likely shacks) for the workers. Since there was a finite limit to the available real estate, more land was created by filling in marginal areas on the bay with all manner of fill material. Every inch of this “new” land could be sold to someone due to the scarcity of good building sites. The Embarcadero became a beehive of maritime activity with ships loading and unloading constantly.

Then catastrophe came. An earthquake caused by movement of the San Andreas Fault caused damage up and down the California coast. The side to side movement knocked down structures that appeared to be solid, and sent waves of energy through ground that was wet or loose. In San Francisco, the embarcadero along the waterfront was totally destroyed. Elsewhere, fires started among the shattered homes and businesses. General Funston, commander of the Presidio, mobilized his soldiers to fight the fires and restore order. The only homes that were spared destruction from the earthquake were in the highest elevations, built on bedrock that did not transmit the energy of the quake.

Jesus spoke the parable of the wise and foolish builders at the end of the Sermon on the Mount. I can only guess at how he came to his knowledge of geophysics, but he most certainly understood about the need for a good foundation. When our lives are built upon the foundation of His words, we will remain unshaken through life’s trials. We may be tempted to build on other foundations that are not nearly so permanent. Belief in one’s own strength, power and influence is as shaky as the fill poured into the ocean at the Embarcadero. It is only through acknowledging our own weakness and turning completely to Jesus that we have a sure foundation that will keep us safe in the disasters of life.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Thanks! I enjoyed reading that.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good point Wayne . Thank you !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

A good and perfect read this morning - God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Moderator Emeritus

As usual much to ponder....thanks for the post and God bless us all today!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Thanks everybody. I had been thinking about this for a while.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    I can only guess at how he came to his knowledge of geophysics

Its really nothing you need to guess at....Genesis 1:1....In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.....the word God here is the same word used to describe the triune God (Trinity) for the Son. Jesus...being the Son was the one that create ALL things in the beginning. He created the geophysics. He holds every molecule...every atom...every property of physics in his hand.

Miracles take place when he would go against those properties....bringing back the dead to life, making water into wine, feeding 5000 with just 5 loaves and two fish...etc.

Sometimes it hard to understand, but...sometimes we don't need to understand. We just have to trust Him. He taught us in his parables of the principles of His Creation. That is why we build on firm foundations and not sand....as just one example.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

An engineer and a chef-He put on a world class fish fry.
    He also created wine hat people bragged about.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! No matter what we do, the basics are always the cornerstone of the results we get. "First things first." As Eastwood might say, "I reckon so."

Jesus was not an engineer, but the Creator. Engineers put what He created to use!
    John 12:45. gen1:1 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"
    Whatever!

Vendor Sponsor

Needed those words this morning
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!