Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: jameson & captech international was liquidated

Boolit Bub

jameson & captech international was liquidated

Hi everyone i live where Jamison and Captech was making brass and ammo, i got some of the stuff after the sale, all the big boys were here winchester, federal sig hornady,,,, i ended up with some big draw presses if anyone has any interest in making brass or does it let me know there are a bunch of bliss 58's and some monsters like 304 and 85's

the sale was not advertised even locally with an out of state auction house,

i also got some big parts feeders and bowls for brass and a lot of machinist caliper stands by federal and similar,

don't know if this needs to go to swappin and selling or is an informational about the company closing officially now

Boolit Master
    I saw the sale bill, several days after the sale, and would like to have gone to it, just out of curiosity. Was there any lots of finished brass, or any caliber specific tooling sold individually, or was stuff like that just dumped in boxes and sold by the pallet?
    I am curious why they closed shop, I heard the owners were not getting along, but if the place is making profit, why not keep it going?

I hope one of the buyers adds a few of the more obscure calibers to their production lines, like .25-20SS, 45-75, ect.

Boolit Master

Add 50-95 & 45-75 to that list
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Kinda depressing! I always held out for them to reopen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    This does not surprise me. just another sign Of the current shooting times. Lack of Support by current shooters Coupled with the lack of interest in much of the current line has sealed the deal.. most new shooters are either not interested or lack of Fund to support this. . This List of reasons continue and with the high cost of manufacture , overhead , government Regs .add to there Closing
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Bub
    yes owners did not get along and it was father son and buddy, yes some specific stuff sold separately, most of the big manufacturers got the big draw presses for making brass they weigh between 6-12 tons each i got j words for 454 casull 45 long colt and 460 S&w they sold some dillan machines 3 ammo loads a magma caster some stuff worked some did not, i got the swager for the 45 j words i also got a bunch of COMPARATOR inspection machinist stand, and some other swaging equipment i missed the sale and never told it went on till after i bought some stuff

Boolit Master
    I’ve been missing captech for a while now. Never had issues at all with their product. Gonna mid the 25/20ss brass though.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    Good riddance to them. Rotten E%^$#&$*^&#^#$. They had some legal problems in 2011 that screwed me out of project I was trying to develop. The "new" owner said they would honor the original deal but new boss was the same old boss. Same people in place. No way was I going to take a second drink at that trough. Got all of my money back from the receivership but would rather have had a successful project instead.

Do you know who picked up their draw dies?
    Last edited by 6mm win lee; 09-15-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    Fifty years a lawyer and you still look down your nose at your fellow citizens who study and know law better than you. Every
    citizen is an attorney.

Boolit Grand Master

Darn. That's where I got my 43 Spanish brass.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum