RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mp clone of HG 275

That COAL sounds about right, seems like you are good to go now!
    When you see the nice clean holes they make in the target, you will like them even more!!!

Let us know how your p-10 likes that load. Just ordered a CZ p-10 f and I have the no lube groove version from MP which my Walther PPQ loves. So I am curious how yours will do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hg275 bevel base nlg 9mm 132 grains.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	249267
    Flydad

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

― Leonardo da Vinci

Boolit Master
    Your solution for bullet to barrel fit is easy to solve not just with the H&G 275, but any bullet. Bullet Jump is also a big factor in getting the best accuracy.

Since we are talking 9mm I take a sized case trimmed to .750", what I have found to be the ideal case length for accuracy. As shown in the photo make a perpendicular cut in the center of the mouth of the case using a dremel tool. Now press in the bullet just enough for it to be held in place by the tension of the case neck. Remove the barrel from your handgun, making sure your barrel and chamber are clean. Push the case w/bullet into the chamber until is seated. A 9mm headspaces on the mouth of the case. Now remove the case from the chamber. You may need a little help from a screwdriver blade as sometime it sticks a little. Assuming the bullet engaged the lands, measure the OAL of your case & bullet and to obtain the point the bullet engages the lands. Depending on the bullet design and barrel you may find the bullet has cleared the case completely, but in most cases the bullet will still be in the case. Now that you have that length you can set your seating die. Of course a bullet can only be out so far and still work in the magazine. When I find that a bullet has an excessive jump I simply seat it as long as possible and hope for the best. If you measure all your barrels using this method you will never end up with rounds that do not chamber because the bullet is seated too far out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cut case.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	249338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cut case with bullet.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	249339

That is beautiful my friend. An adjustable case !!
    Flydad

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

― Leonardo da Vinci

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flydad View Post
    That is beautiful my friend. An adjustable case !!
    Glad you like it and so easy to do, just note to how the cartridge headspaces. It not only works with pistol cartridges it works for rifles also. You do want some bullet jump, but usually the shorter the jump the better the accuracy.

Boolit Buddy
    Little update on my experience with this mold. I've been having a heck of a time trying to find the sweet spot for OAL that would work for my 9mms. I have a few that have been throated by DougGuy and a bunch that are not. My goal was to find a single OAL that would work for all my pistols, but it doesn't look like that's going to be as easy as I thought. If you're loading this for just one pistol, or you have a few that have generous throats, then this would be a great boolit, but if you have a variety of pistols, this one may be a bear to get to work with all of them without having to resort to multiple OALs for multiple pistols.

The boolit works beautifully when I can get it to chamber reliably, but I have other 9mm boolits that work just as well, and I can load to a standard OAL, so I think I may just use this boolit for 38/357 and save myself some headache.

asmith80, like I have said in my first post, it might not be the boolit for you given your requirements to work in all your barrels with different throat sizes. But it is still a very nice accurate boolit when you get it to work.
    Lucky for me, I have only one 9mm pistol, so I can shoot it all day! Best of luck, and good shooting!

Yep maybe hermans is right , I have only 2 Walther PPQ 5" and a CZ P10 F and they both eat 'em up. These also work well in a PAK 9
    Flydad

― Leonardo da Vinci

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12