Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: master caster sprue and boolit chutes

Boolit Man

master caster sprue and boolit chutes

i am curious what you guys have come up to direct the sprue and boolits in separate directions when casting. i have a master caster on order and want to set this up right.
    any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Boolit Master
    I'll try and take a picture of mine in the next few days. I managed to cobble something together so that sprues and projectiles dropped into different bins under my bench. If you have a welder and sheet metal, you can build the same sort of thing.

It wasn't too complicated, just some sheet metal, grinder and welder got it done.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 90 degree peak directly under the metal separater in the box underneath.

Slide out the box. Cover the spruce side. Dump the bullets.

Your Master Caster will come with a chute that will direct the sprues to the front, and the bullets drop directly below the open mold. I built a wooden base for mine, and two wooden boxes. The larger box catches the bullets and the smaller one at the front of the machine catches the sprues. You can't really tell the relationship from the picture, but maybe this will give you some ideas. The area inside the frame of the Master Caster is cut out of the wooden base to allow the bullets and sprues to drop into the boxes.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Man
    very helpful yes. anything you guys would do differently?

Quote Originally Posted by sv44 View Post
    very helpful yes. anything you guys would do differently?
    Not really, except for use 2x8's for the sides and back of the base, rather than 2x6's. As you can tell, I had to add height to mine with 2x2" to get enough space underneath to make it convenient. I wanted to raise my Master Caster up more towards eye level, which makes it easier for me to see the pour and to keep track of what's going on while casting.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 08-30-2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Fingers got carried away while typing
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Man
    thanks fred