MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Problems With a PID Controller, Made By An Ex-Member Here

Boolit Master

Problems With a PID Controller, Made By An Ex-Member Here

Once upon a time,,,,,,,, there was a member here who rebuilt pots & presses as well as building PID controllers. I negotiated a deal with him for a PID with some extra features. I didn't end up with what I wanted and he is no longer around here. All that was several years ago and I only got around to using the controller earlier this year.

What I have is a unit with a Mypin(T-series) controller that the builder set up to run the pot at 725°F, so it works for casting boolits. I got two thermocouples with it, one long enough to use in my casting pot and a second, shorter, one to stick into my toaster oven for PCing. The receptacle for the Mini-K TC connectors isn't there. I finally got the builder to send me the connectors, what I got was a basically a Male/Female connector set to be used on the TC leads.

OK, not a real big deal, I'm going to order those from Auberin and have it over with.

The real stumbling block is that I received no paperwork of any sort with the unit. I found some information online but it was so much Chinenglish as to be uncomprehensible.

Can someone help me with learning how to change the set temperature? The goal is to get the melting pot up to 750° and to be able to get the shorter TC working on the PC oven at 400°. I assume (I know!) that it should be as simple as swapping the TC, changing the set temp. & kicking the unit into learning mode.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Boolit Master

I use the MyPin and like them. The temp is easy to change on the unit and it auto tunes very well. Runs my RCBS pot within +/- 3 degrees F, unless you are asking it to catch up after putting in a bunch of sprue cuts, but that is the pot trying to catch up.

Link to better doc for the unit.
    https://statich.smokingmeatforums.co...al-goodone.pdf

Super Moderator Emeritus
    PM hatch he is good at advising guys on units even if he did not build them

Boolit Master
    I have a similar, if not the same PID (can’t remember user but know he’s no longer on site), made with the MyPin controller and have found it very nice. Use the instructions from Matt and you should be in good shape.

Thank you Matt for those, much more concise and easy to read than the ones I had from a google search.

Boolit Master
    Matt, that link is just what I needed!! I have it saved on my 'puter so I won't have to search for it again. It all comes back to "My GoogleFu ain't fer SPIT!"
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan in Vermont View Post
    Once upon a time,,,,,,,, there was a member here who rebuilt pots & presses as well as building PID controllers. I negotiated a deal with him for a PID with some extra features. I didn't end up with what I wanted and he is no longer around here. All that was several years ago and I only got around to using the controller earlier this year.

What I have is a unit with a Mypin(T-series) controller that the builder set up to run the pot at 725°F, so it works for casting boolits. I got two thermocouples with it, one long enough to use in my casting pot and a second, shorter, one to stick into my toaster oven for PCing. The receptacle for the Mini-K TC connectors isn't there. I finally got the builder to send me the connectors, what I got was a basically a Male/Female connector set to be used on the TC leads.

OK, not a real big deal, I'm going to order those from Auberin and have it over with.

The real stumbling block is that I received no paperwork of any sort with the unit. I found some information online but it was so much Chinenglish as to be uncomprehensible.

Can someone help me with learning how to change the set temperature? The goal is to get the melting pot up to 750° and to be able to get the shorter TC working on the PC oven at 400°. I assume (I know!) that it should be as simple as swapping the TC, changing the set temp. & kicking the unit into learning mode.
    If I understand you correctly, you intend to install a Mini Thermocouple Panel Connector in the back of the PID controller. You would also need some Thermocouple Extension Wire to wire the panel connector to the PID controller. I would double check your manual, but I presume those wires would go to the same terminals your other Thermocouple is wired to on your PID controller.

Here's another Thermocouple Extension Wire that is easier to strip than the stainless steel braided version.