MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boiled eggs

Moderator Emeritus

Put eggs in pan, fill with COLD tap water. Bring to a boil, cover. Turn heat off and set timer for 20 minutes. Perfect eggs every time.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Instapot here, wife just loves the way they peel.

Boolit Bub
    Easy peel put 4-6 eggs in a quart jar add about 1/4 jar of water put lid on and shake till shells are cracked good, slide shells off under runing cold water.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    Its the cold water cooldown that keeps the green away from the yoke.

Those egg cookers you're referring to could be in the "As Seen on TV" section at walmart. I remember those commercials for them a few years ago.

redhawk
    The greening of the yolk is a harmless result of a simple chemical reaction, which forms Iron Sulfide.
    it is an indicator that you cooked the eggs too long!

Boolit Master

Put eggs in pot, fill with cold water, bring to boil, cover. Move to cold burner, let cool one hour. Rinse well in cold water. Fill cool pot with ice cubes and cold water. 20 minutes later peel eggs.

Takes longer to tell then it takes to do.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I use my Instant Pot cooker. 5 minutes high pressure, 5 minutes natural release then manual release, then 5 minutes in ice water. Glorious! My wife was a skeptic, now she always has me do them.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post

Those egg cookers you're referring to could be in the "As Seen on TV" section at walmart. I remember those commercials for them a few years ago.

redhawk
    These actually work:

Banned
    I boil eggs for about 8 minutes and then dump the hot water and let the cold water from the faucet run over the eggs to cool them and once cool they peal easily. Very seldom do I have an egg that is hard to peal. Cracking them all around the shell and getting to the film seems to make the difference to me.

Boolit Grand Master

I belong to the Instant Pot crowd. I pressure cook them at low pressure, then place in cold water and they peel effortlessly regardless of how fresh they are.

On the other hand, I have poached eggs every other day for breakfast. I use a stove top egg poacher similar to this one: https://www.amazon.com/ExcelSteel-52...s%2C321&sr=8-6

After the pan comes up to a boil, turn it down to simmer, and it takes 5.0 minutes for a perfect poached egg.

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Master
    Are you folks using room temperature eggs or cold ones from the fridge when describing your technique?

Boolit Grand Master

Boiling water start works best for me. https://www.elizabethrider.com/perfe...d-boiled-eggs/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

I just take eggs direct from the refrigerator. After they are boiled, cooled, then back in the frig for storage until needed.

Dale53

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Put eggs in pan, fill with COLD tap water. Bring to a boil, cover. Turn heat off and set timer for 20 minutes. Perfect eggs every time.
    That is the way we do it. Only thing to add is that we stick them in cold water afterwards to cool them down fast.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    From the fridge to the instant pot I do 2 doz at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Boiling water start works best for me. https://www.elizabethrider.com/perfe...d-boiled-eggs/
    Absolutely the best way.+1
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master

Before I retired, I worked in an office area with myself, a sergeant, and 3 officers. I often fixed scrambled egg sandwiches for my crew and always had fresh eggs in my lunch box. One night, I felt like an egg salad sandwich, another night just a hard boiled egg. I pierced the fat end of the egg, put it in the microwave for 3 minutes at %30 power. Perfect egg every time, no explosions. I was asked 'how did you do that?' and of course I replied 'that's why I'm the lieutenant.'
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    boil twenty mins hard rolling boil, remove,place in freezer for 24 hrs. then place in suitable container for transport. Once your at the range, place on golf tees at suitable distances, warm up for the tack shoot with frozen scramblers. These biodegradable targets also help to lower lead levels in most firearms.
    This is the only thing I could think of to do with boiled eggs they're just about the perfect target. With no clean up, sometimes you get the added freebee of a crow shoot wilst shooting the eggs.

Not picking on you or your post, but does anyone remember the tee shirts that said "Want to lose 20 pounds of ugly fat? Cut off your head!"
    Sorry, your first sentence made me remember that from the 1960's!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I've always boiled eggs like My Dad taught Me.
    Put eggs in pot w/cover, fill with cold water to cover eggs. Bring to boil, turn off burner. KEEP the cover on. Let sit until water is cold. Peel egg under cold running water.
    Very easy. Just remember to break the membrane when you start to peel. Probably the most important thing when peeling Hard Boiled eggs.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

My oldest daughter told us she does them in her air fryer. We did a dozen fresh eggs in our air fryer, set it for 15 minutes at 230 degrees. When the timer goes off, dump into an large bowl with water and ice cubes until they cool and then peel. Crack the egg and the shell comes off in 2 pieces (or a few more if you're fumble fingered like me ) Yolks were perfectly done with a nice yellow color.
    Ron
    USAF Ret (E-8) (1971-1997)
    NRA Benefactor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast