Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lyman Mold 313631 Top Punch Number ?

Boolit Buddy

Lyman Mold 313631 Top Punch Number ?

Have the mold, but none of my Lyman Cast Manuals have the mold listed. Does anyone know what top punch this mold requires ?

Boolit Master

I don't know, I have not been lucky enough to find a good copy of that mould. But, I would guess that it is the same one that fits the 313445. I am using a cup punch from ThePerfesser and fitted it to the bullet with JB Weld.

Boolit Buddy
    You don't see many of those at all, not sure if they were a small run for Lyman or not. I have one mint in the original box, according to the Lyman decal on the box, top punch #8! Hope that helps - Bill in MA

Boolit Grand Master

313631 is a Lyman mould which was designed for the 32 H&R Magnum. I've had mine since the early '80s. The Lyman box for mine also says the top punch is a #8 but I never got one. I originally started using the Lyman 402 top punch but then found the RCBS 456 top punch worked better. I just never got around to trying to find a #8.

The 313631 is an excellent GC'd bullet in the 32 H&R for use with magnum level loads in stronger revolvers. It is also my favorite 30 Carbine cast bullet which I drive at 1950 fps out of my M1 Carbines with excellent accuracy. This bullet is also excellent for 32-20 rifle ballistics in most 30/31 cal rifles with excellent performance in the 1500 fps +/- range.

Attachment 247519
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Larry, that is a beautiful bullet... I shoot the Smith 631, but find I never run it very hot. If I ever decided to that would be a good bullet.

Boolit Grand Master

The boolit appears to be a SWC , if so , a simple flat nose punch can be used .
    Flat is easy to make , fill the ill fitting recess with JB Weld , let cure and sand flat .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"