Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 327 Federal Magnum

Boolit Bub
    yep find your self a buckeye special and have the 32 h&r reamed to 327 and you will have what you are looking for.

Boolit Grand Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	327 ruger black.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	247663
    My want greatly exceeded my need, so I ordered one of these. Aluminum frame, 31 oz, 4 5/8" if it shoots as well as my others, I'll be a very happy camper.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	327 ruger black.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	247663
    My want greatly exceeded my need, so I ordered one of these. Aluminum frame, 31 oz, 4 5/8" if it shoots as well as my others, I'll be a very happy camper.
    I think these are on sale through Lipseys right now. $546 out the door at my lgs. Let us know how you like it
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

I bought the first 5-1/2” Single Seven I saw. I was afraid of all the reports of difficulty loading, but mine indexes the hole perfectly at the gate with no problems whatsoever. It’s always shot well with heavy loads but I wasn’t able to shoot plain base boolits without problems. I’ve recently started playing with powder coating and it seems to be solving those issues. The arsenal 98 grain Keith bullet works in the crimp groove (veeeeery close) and is working well with 10.3 grains of 2400. Fun gun.

Boolit Buddy
    My 7.5" single seven is the most fun revolver I own. Narrow loading gates, short cylinders are only minor issues, easily overcome to enjoy the accuracy these guns offer! I load the Accurate 105pb and 115gc that crimp in the crimp groove for single sevens. I also use the RCBS 100 SWC pb and the 118gr Lyman 311008 pb crimped over the 1st driving band with great accuracy and no problems. I don't load to super max levels since mid range loads provide all the performance I require, and are easier on the ears! Have found n need for gc's. The Accurate 115gc is quite accurate, but no more so than the 311008. All bullets are sized .312 or .313, with .312 appearing slightly more accurate.

Boolit Master
    My S7 is like hendere’s. My favorite load is the Lee 113gr FNGC “beagled” to throw oversized. I size to .314” w/gc and SPG lube over 10.0gr of #2400. Not particularly fast, but accurate and fast enough. Small pistol primer ok.
    I also use the Hornady 100gr XTP over 13.2gr ov Acc#9 but use small rifle primer. Near factory duplicate.

But, mostly I shoot 2.2gr of Bullseye or TiteGroup under the Lee 93gr RN from a 6-cavity mold in a .32SW-L case. But, prefer 90gr SWC-TL, but 2-cavities is tedious!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GooseGestapo View Post
    My S7 is like hendere’s. My favorite load is the Lee 113gr FNGC “beagled” to throw oversized. I size to .314” w/gc and SPG lube over 10.0gr of #2400. Not particularly fast, but accurate and fast enough. Small pistol primer ok.
    I also use the Hornady 100gr XTP over 13.2gr ov Acc#9 but use small rifle primer. Near factory duplicate.

But, mostly I shoot 2.2gr of Bullseye or TiteGroup under the Lee 93gr RN from a 6-cavity mold in a .32SW-L case. But, prefer 90gr SWC-TL, but 2-cavities is tedious!!!!
    If you are looking for a tack driver for the 100 grain XTP, try either 13.2 grains H110, or 8 grains of bluedot. The bluedot load has a lot less muzzle blast, and is more enjoyable. The H110 load... is H110. It won't match the Federal AE load for speed, but is WAY more consistent. I believe I clocked H110 at 1550 fps, and the Federal load at 1650 fps (with ES in the 150+ fps area).

Boolit Master
    Green Frog, I am 48, and a lowly dock worker who lives paycheck to paycheck. It took me close to a year to save the money for my sp101. I was able to buy 2 boxes of factory ammo, a lee 100gr rn mold, and 100 starline brass. I have h110 on hand and small rifle primers. It's going to take me a little time until I can afford the mold I REALLY want.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    Green Frog, I am 48, and a lowly dock worker who lives paycheck to paycheck. It took me close to a year to save the money for my sp101. I was able to buy 2 boxes of factory ammo, a lee 100gr rn mold, and 100 starline brass. I have h110 on hand and small rifle primers. It's going to take me a little time until I can afford the mold I REALLY want.
    I hear ya, brother! I taught public school for 30 years, so I know about the paycheck to paycheck thing... I often had too much month left at the end of the paycheck. I just tried to keep my eyes open for bargains and swap toward what I wanted (or thought I needed) at the time. I also had to swap off one project in order to start another (more times than I care to recall.) BTW, what is the mould you are most seeking for the 327 FM if money were no barrier? Perhaps somebody here has something that would work for you.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123