RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So this is what we have been reduced to?

Boolit Buddy

So this is what we have been reduced to?

Stopped at the deli the other day. As I got back into my truck I looked down and saw the prize. I almost dropped the bag with my BBQ and slaw. Scooped up the weight and rushed home to weigh it. EXACTLY two 300 BLK 245 grain slugs. It made my whole day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wheel weight copy.jpg  

Boolit Master

Lol, simple things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

As Rcmaveric points out...We who are so easily amused and satisfied, are a lucky lot.

Hope you don't see one at a red light.

I almost fell out of my truck picking one up when I saw a big one on the ground at a red light.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Yeah, I admit to "dodging traffic" to pick up a wheel weight. I would go around a block on my way to work, even being late, if I saw one that I KNEW I could get by driving over it, opening the door, and hanging out to pick it up with "just a little inconvenience" to my fellow rush hour drivers. I am retired now, so stopping in traffic is a Southern thing and "thank you so much" for the Hawaiian single finger Salute - right back at you!
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Banned

Damn straight!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    Yeah, I admit to "dodging traffic" to pick up a wheel weight. I would go around a block on my way to work, even being late, if I saw one that I KNEW I could get by driving over it, opening the door, and hanging out to pick it up with "just a little inconvenience" to my fellow rush hour drivers. I am retired now, so stopping in traffic is a Southern thing and "thank you so much" for the Hawaiian single finger Salute - right back at you!
    Thats not an insult. They just saying you are number in their life.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

yeah yeah...talk to me when you drive with the door open, pick it up and you didn't even stop. (it takes practice though...and tough fingernails)

hahahaha

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

My wife told me if I did that again I could walk home. So I only stop if I am driving. On the other hand sometimes my kids bring one to me and sometimes they are even made of lead.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

Its gotten to be a game between me and a couple of buddies to spot them at intersections and scoop them up. If we're going someplace they will even pull off of the freeway at a few extra exit ramps just to look. We have picked up as many as a couple dozen at some places. We have noticed that curbs help! Its gives the Soccer Mom something to bounce off of while driving and using the phone! My buddies are even getting so they can ID lead from Zinc and Steel. Ironically the weights that we are finding are running above 90% lead! I even found a Lyman Ingot at one intersection!!! I would like to know the story on that!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    Not an option for me. I am "retired plus" and drive a Ram crew cab. I have enough trouble getting in and out normally and that is with the step bar and assist handle. Maybe I have finally discovered the logic behind the auto park feature on this truck. If you open the door while moving with the seat belt unfastened it puts the truck in park. No drive by scoops here.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I even found a Lyman Ingot at one intersection!!! I would like to know the story on that!!!
    Sounds like bait to me. Do you have many carjackings in your area?

Boolit Master

Lead wheel weights are almost completely extinct here. I don’t even bother if I see one because it’s almost certainly steel or zinc.

I did have my eye on some good old fashioned lead wheel weights recently though. I’d been watching them for a very long time. The last time I put tires on my truck, my daughter was an infant. Today as I type this she’s at the DMV getting her license. A couple months ago I decided the old truck needed new tires. I told the guy at the tire shop that those wheel weights on my truck were mine and I want to keep them when he takes them off. He refused, said it was against company policy and he’d get in trouble. He wouldn’t budge.

I almost left or tried to remove them myself, but I was in a hurry, didn’t have any tools, and my wife was annoyed, so I just let it go. I’m still a bit irritated though. Those were MY weights.

Boolit Master
    I found a smaller one. In a parking lot of a Bass-Pro.

Boolit Buddy
    A few years back my wife and I were going to a wedding walking across the parking lot I picked one up started to put it in my pocket, my wife grabbed my hand and said "Not in you good suit pocket" opened her purse and told me to put it in there but "don't pick up any more".

Gee, getting to be like fishing!!
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    It is contagious too!

I have an old V.Nam Vet who wanted to get into reloading , so I took some time to get him going a while back.

He knows I am also casting, and such.

He said he was at a store the other day & as he left his vehicle he spied a WW on the ground & picked it up, then threw it down & said it "rang dull", so he put it in his pocket & saved it for me for the next time he saw me, which was today.

I now have another lead WW to melt down.

Yep.. It is contagious.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I was out riding my bicycle this past weekend. I took a short-cut through a parking lot when I spied this wheel weight that was about 4” long by, easy, 3/4” wide! This thing had to weight a pound! I jumped off the bike, letting it crash into some bushes, ran back and grabbed it! Only to find a ZN on it! It was ZINK! Talk about disappointment! I was so Mad! Kinda like unwrapping a birthday present and finding a rock inside.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by scotner View Post
    Sounds like bait to me. Do you have many carjackings in your area?
    Actually we were on a short trip out of state. Mississippi to be exact. So no one there would have known me or expected me to be there. I would love to know how it got there.

Boolit Buddy
    I guess next April 1st I should just take a bunch of zinc wheel weighs and leave them at random spots on the road?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast