Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Buddy
    neck sizing die

Boolit Master
    Lee collet neck sizing die for a very short case.
    EDG

Boolit Master

Never seen one of these. I assume it’s also a decapping die.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

Yep, Lee Collet neck sizing die. The cartridge designation should be stamped in the collet.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    Well, since it shows a decapping pin in the picture, I would assume so.

Boolit Master
    It also decaps but its primary purpose is neck sizing. It requires the central mandrel even if there is no decapping pin.

EDG

If you enlarge the Picture it looks like the collet is marked 22 H - J4. Maybe it's a collet neck sizing die for a 22 Hornet.Just my guess.
    "Adults are the children and the children are the adults" Jules my wife.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. — Daniel Boone

Democracy is defended in 3 stages: Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box. — Ambrose Bierce

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Black Rifles Matter

NRA Life Member, SAF Member, GOA Member, TFA Member

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Yep LCD.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    Those have been around about 30 years...
    EDG

Boolit Master

Shows you what I know.... been reloading since 1974 and I don’t have any Lee dies, until now! Only Lee stuff I have is the Universal Expander and a set of Lee dippers.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Banned
    When you (people) under-rate a company/brand you don't pay much attention to them.

How many people look down on Lee products yet still use their factory crimp dies
    Last edited by Conditor22; 08-26-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Boolit Master
    I only give credit for excellence where it is due and the rifle type Lee factory crimp dies are excellent.
    Lee makes other tools that run from acceptable to mediocre with the emphasis on low purchase price.
    Low purchase prices alone do not make for the most highly rated product line.

You do have to keep in mind that reloaders originally get into the activity because they do not like the cost of purchased ammo. They already have the personal characteristics of being cheap. Being cheap does not equate with buying the best quality. Being cheap does not even equate with buying the best value. It usually just equates with buying the item from the "lowest price bidder".

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    When you under-rate a company/brand you don't pay much attention to them.

How many people look down on Lee products yet still use their factory crimp dies
    EDG

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    When you under-rate a company/brand you don't pay much attention to them.

You’re misconstruing my post. I have not under-rated Lee products. I have not had the need or opportunity to purchase any. I’m sure they have a great following and provide great service.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Grand Master

When Lee came out with a $9.99 boolit mould that included the handles I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread . Finally someone made moulds I could afford . When you are in high school and only get $3.50 for mowing a lawn...you don't have much of a budget to buy the Lyman moulds and they cost extra if you wanted a handle .
    Lee got me started in this hobby by making affordable stuff and I will always remember that .
    Not all of us have unlimited spending capabilities .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    When Lee came out with a $9.99 boolit mould that included the handles I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread . Finally someone made moulds I could afford . When you are in high school and only get $3.50 for mowing a lawn...you don't have much of a budget to buy the Lyman moulds and they cost extra if you wanted a handle .
    Lee got me started in this hobby by making affordable stuff and I will always remember that .
    Gary
    That is a great point and is why I started with a Lee loader and a hammer for a press .
    What I have found is what we are loading and the guns we are loading for has as much to do with the equipment we have success with as the cost of the tool I prefer several of the Lee products to any others I have for my use. As with any other brand some Lee products I would never buy , some I would not buy again and some ,
    The lower price is just a bonus.
    This hobbie draws equipment junkies and that's okay to ,I have some inexpensive tools that are worth way more than they cost to me , and I have some expensive tools that cost way more than thy are worth to me.

Boolit Master
    Unfortunately cost and quality are opposite sides of the same equation.
    It took Lee about 35 years to finally admit his original horizontal alignment pins were not a good idea.
    I resisted buying Lee molds because of those poor alignment pins. I much prefer the steel pins and bushings used in the newer molds.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Gary
    EDG

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Unfortunately cost and quality are opposite sides of the same equation.
    I doubt you would get much argument from Lee. His advertisement of a reloading manual touted the company’s ability to cut costs as much as possible while still having a usable product

Banned
    You’re misconstruing my post. I have not under-rated Lee products. I have not had the need or opportunity to purchase any. I’m sure they have a great following and provide great service.
    Sorry, I didn't mean you personally. Just saying many people talk Lee down but still use some of their dies.

I'm having one of those communication problems between my brain and my fingers

Boolit Master

I have a set of those Lee collet dies, in 30-06. I bought them sometime in the early '90s, as I recall. They have worked well over the years.

One distinct advantage for me was shown when I happened to buy a used rifle chambered in 30-06 Ackley Improved. I bought it for the action, to rebarrel to something else, since I had no idea who put the custom barrel on it. It shot so well I kept it as is. I was set to spend some money on custom Ackley Improved dies when I found that the Lee collet dies worked very well for loading Improved ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast