WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RO ready to run me off the silhouette range.. Boom.

Boolit Master
    At one time one of the companies did a short barreled version of the M1 carbine, but it was sold under the name enforcer. chopped stock and short barrel. Shooting the standard military load was loud and fireball caused the RO to come over and asked what we were shooting. Guy explained to the RO what it was and caliber. The RO shot it a few times and remarked at the muzzle blast and fireball. Even with ear muffs on it was very loud. Frank

Boolit Master

Agreed 100%. My loudest is this BH in 30 Carbine hands down!
    Im
    Looking to buy a 327 FM. Im bettin its close...

CW.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    Has anyone ever been standing close to someone shooting a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine loaded with 296/H110? That one will ring your ears like no tomorrow. Does a pretty decent job as a flame thrower too.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    125 gr factory loads from a 7.5 inch Redhawk is quite load and earth moving. This is the 6 shot model and more then once I've been asked what are you shooting,everyone thought it was a 44 mag. And yes the BH in 30 carbine is an ear splitter even with good ear protection.
    Meet a guy who had a S&W model 53 22 Remington Jet that had an obnoxious muzzle blast.

Boolit Buddy
    Back in the 1970's I took my new "Dirty Harry" S&W Mod 29 with 6 1/2 " barrel to the range. The firing line was enclosed on three sides with a wood floor.
    The 10 pt range was full when I got there, but someone soon left near the middle. I moved in my gear and began to test the 240gr loads over 23.5gr H110. After two cylinders full. I had the range to myself.

Shot next to a guy with a 4" Mod 29 once. Now that was loud.

Boolit Master

The loudest revolver I ever shot was a Ruger in 357 Max.

Boolit Bub
    I was shooting my Super 14 22match Contender and was happy as a clam when this shooter came over and offered me his 223 bbl with a brake plus $100.00 for my my 22 bbl. Like a dumbbutt I did the swap. He even gave me 10 GI rounds. Well he shook my hand, tipped his hat and moved out smartly. Actually he almost doubletimed off the range. That was a clue that I did not recognize.
    Well I put that badgirl together and touched off a round. My shooting neighbors three on each side come unglued with some invectives that I hadn’t heard in a long time. I admit that the report, the fireball and the concussion was absolutely horrorendous. Did not touch off another round. The RO said something about “good order and something” . I could not hear what he was saying.
    I still have that bbl, unfired to this day, because I would not want to pawn that painfull sound off to someone else.
    What a bad trade.
    Follow Me

Boolit Buddy
    From what I've read about the 9x25, it is one that makes all on the range take notice.

Boolit Bub
    If you ever come across some old WW 630 ball powder, load that up in a .41 mag with the Sierra 170 gr. Wait till half an hour after sunset and let 'er rip. Your eyes will see stars for 10 minutes from the incredible muzzle flash and the concussion is massive. I won't divulge the charge weight, but back then ( the 70's) I finally found someone with a chronograph with the shoot thru paper screens. The round was breaking 1700 fps from a 6 1/2 Ruger, which impressed the heck out of me! And no, I don't really want to know what the pressures were. It was a "live and learn" experience with early ball powder.

Boolit Master
    Over the years I have shot four that are really bad. The 30 carbine in a ruger black hawk, a 10" 221 fireball reamed to 223, a 6.5 x 55 carbine with some screaming 110gr bullets and a black hawk in 41 mag loaded with 16.5grs of Blue Dot and a 225gr cast. I'm not sure which was the worst, the 41 or the 223 but both were ugly with just ear muffs.

Boolit Master

Some of you guys beat me to it, as soon as I read the OP I thought "he has never shot a Blackhawk in .30 carbine"!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Buddy
    CZ-52 with military high pressure ammo; now that is loud!!! And the steel cased bullets make great sparks on the baffles down range. Some ranges shut you down if they see you using these.

Also, 8" DW SuperMag in 375 SM using 220 grain jacketed bullets and full compressed loads of AA1680. Fire them at dusk and you don't need a flash to get a great photo. And very accurate too.

Lastly, an AMT Mark V Automag in 50AE. Has a ported barrel and slide. Fire out the ports approaches 18" if you use the "wrong" powder.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by arlon View Post
    I was shooting my Contender with 10" .41 mag barrel. It's the loudest round I shoot there. Load was 20gr H110 with a 210 gr bullet. The H110 has a loud report with on odd sense of concussion to it. Hard to describe.

RO raced his golf cart over and in a red faced mode proceeded to explain that rifle cartridges even in a handgun were not allowed and he wanted me off of the range (handgun cartridges, rimfire only). I told him it was a .41 mag with a cast bullet. He was totally shocked. He said that was about the loudest handgun he had heard there and figured I was shooting a rifle cartridge (which would be against the written rules). He had to hang around just to listen to the .41. Actually made him smile. He said he liked loud cars and loud guns.. I got to keep shooting. If anything is louder than a .41 with a stout load of H110 I don't own it.
    our club has RNs we call them Range Nazis

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    As far as Contenders go, the 7-30 Waters is the most obnoxious thing I've shot. Something about the pitch of it.

(my 358JDJ with compensator isn't as annoying)
    Yes Sir even loaded down a little the 7-30 with H322 is much louder than my 357 maximum with (H110) the 41GNR #2 can hold it's own with either of them.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12