RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataPBcastco
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Two species of humanity

Boolit Master

As far as animals in heaven, there is a good likelihood there will be animals there. There is a verse in Psalms that goes something like this: God will preserve the beast and man
    I don"t think present animals have souls and will be resurected.
    Animals were present in the Garden of Eden and probably will be present in the world to come.

Boolit Master
    Interesting banter. Can anyone prove their point? Is there a God? If so, prove it. Is there no Supreme creator? If so prove that. I don't have the answer nor have I found anyone than that can positively prove their point. Oh, and don't bother trying to prove anything without proof of references

Boolit Master
    Do some folks think being "Catholic" is synonymous with "Christian" now?

Boolit Master
    Yup, the good ole original question. "Did God really say....?"
    Look twice, shoot once.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post

Well if depends on whether you are talking at Catholic (Roman Catholic) or catholic (universal). All Christians are part of the catholic church, but only some of them are part of the Catholic church.

BTW: I have no quarrel with any branch of the Christian tree. Lots of hairs to split, but I try and avoid that.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    The Creation story is Genesis 1 tells that "God said" and "God called", so yes God really does say. Now, what He says and to whom He says it, can be a matter of difference, discussion and at times argumentation.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy
    Now?
    Yes, but not just now.
    I have always felt that way.

Cheesh!, of course Catholics are Christian.
    Why wouldn't they be?

The Bible (mainly the New Testament) is their core belief.
    Jesus is the Messiah, Savior.
    They mimic the Last Supper with communion of bread and wine like Jesus instructed.

Out of curiosity, does your Sunday service do that?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    I should have been more detailed. When satan came to eve and asked concerning Gods command of the tree of knowledge this was the original question. No need for man to question God's details of how to live until satan as a serpent posed this question to eve. The question came as "Has God indeed said, You shall not eat of every tree in the garden but this one? This question demands an answer and the answer only has two options; one God did not mean what He said, Or He did mean it. The fruit to those who disregard the correct answer is obvious thru out the generations of man. For me, I choose He did say it and I willingly embrace His provision to live on His side of the question!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Regardless of your beliefs, it is really hard, while sitting on a hilltop enjoying a lush Green valley below while thinking with the most incredible computer imaginable, having gotten there using the most sophisticated machine imaginable, to think it was all an accident???

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by semtav; 09-11-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semtav View Post
    Regardless of your beliefs, it is really hard, while sitting on a hilltop enjoying a lush Green valley below while thinking with the most incredible computer imaginable, having gotten there using the most sophisticated machine imaginable, and think it was all an accident???

Like most wise guy teenagers I rejected the notion of God. However in 1960 I entered college and in Biology studied the Scientific Theory of Classification. I saw how orderly all of creation was and certainly not random. It was then I accepted the idea that there was a God who creates, as the vast and complex world was to well ordered to have been accident. So, one might say I discovered God through science and not in spite of science.

Banned
    Chaos Theory: Order out of chaos.
    That’ll be 5 cents, please!

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    Chaos Theory: Order out of chaos.
    That’ll be 5 cents, please!
    Yea. Put 5 3 year olds in a cluttered room for a million years and it will still be cluttered. Put 5 3 year olds in a very organized room for a million years and it will be cluttered for 999999 years 364 days, 23 hrs and 59 minutes.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    Now?
    Yes, but not just now.
    I have always felt that way.

Cheesh!, of course Catholics are Christian.
    Why wouldn't they be?

The Bible (mainly the New Testament) is their core belief.
    Jesus is the Messiah, Savior.
    They mimic the Last Supper with communion of bread and wine like Jesus instructed.

Out of curiosity, does your Sunday service do that?
    I'm unsure what you think "Christian" and "Catholic" means so I asked and you missed my point. I did not ask you if Catholics are Christians, I asked if you think being Catholic is synonymous with being a Christian. Your question about the ratio of atheists to Catholics suggests you suppose Catholic and Christian are interchangeable words; they are not. Catholic is simply a denomination, one of many; that's a BIG difference!

Christians can be Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Church of Christ, etc., etc. or be unaffiliated with any organized group. Thus, your (questionable) statement about the supposed numbers of atheists equalling the number of "Catholics" means nothing in the big picture.

Now, you need to understand that the foundation of ALL Christianity is entirely found in the New Testament. In fact, the New Testament is what the gospel of salvation by grace through a life changing faith in Lord Jesus (not a denomination) for the eternal security of believers is all about!

I haven't a clue why you're asking a totally disconnected question about my congregation observing communion but, yes, we do it on a monthly basis. ??? (Doing it weekly, or even more, IS only a Roman Catholic thing.)

Boolit Master
    Quote "(Doing it weekly, or even more, IS only a Roman Catholic thing.)"

Not so brother!

Boolit Master

For an unbeliever, it is impossible "to prove" there is a God. There is nothing tanigable that you can grab on to that tells you there is a God. You must observe nature and decide if design and order can come from choas and an explosion. Big Bang.Theory.
    I can not grasp the "science" of evolution. The chances of evolution are as slim as wining the lottery every time for the next 10000 years.

Boolit Master
    Humans have very little ability to comprehend a million years much less many millions of years.
    And the earth is an estimated 4.5 billion years old - that is billions with a B.
    If you cannot grasp a lot of things it may just be a reflection of your inability to get past your religious programming. You really have to be self deceiving to believe that you should or can know and understand everything that has happened in the history of the planet. Your bible and your "grasp" cannot compare to the knowledge gained by science in the last 400 years. Try reading real science books for the next 40 years or as long as you have had the bible drilled into your head. If you cannot do that then you really do not want to know the truth about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    For an unbeliever, it is impossible "to prove" there is a God. There is nothing tanigable that you can grab on to that tells you there is a God. You must observe nature and decide if design and order can come from choas and an explosion. Big Bang.Theory.
    I can not grasp the "science" of evolution. The chances of evolution are as slim as wining the lottery every time for the next 10000 years.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Quote "(Doing it weekly, or even more, IS only a Roman Catholic thing.)"

Not so brother!
    Okay Thunder, I know I don't know everything so I accept that. Guess I should have said is Catholics are the only denomination I know of that practices communion weekly or more.

Boolit Buddy
    ...... Your question about the ratio of atheists to Catholics suggests you suppose Catholic and Christian are interchangeable words; they are not. Catholic is simply a denomination, one of many; that's a BIG difference!
    You are confused.
    I did not ask about atheist issues.

I haven't a clue why you're asking a totally disconnected question about my congregation observing communion but, yes, we do it on a monthly basis. ??? (Doing it weekly, or even more, IS only a Roman Catholic thing.)
    Because like I mentioned "Out of curiosity".

Okay Thunder, I know I don't know everything so I accept that. Guess I should have said is Catholics are the only denomination I know of that practices communion weekly or more.
    Catholics, Episcopal, Church of Christ, First Christian and many more do it once a week. At the "Last Supper" Jesus told his followers to "Do this as often as you shall in rememberance of me. ". For centuries the church followed this injunction and based it's weekly worship around the Eucharist/Communion. That tradition is still followed by many branches of the Christian faith around the world. It is not just a Catholic thing.

Various churches build their worship around different things. In some churchs, the sermon/preaching is the center pivot of worship, others have music and for others the Eucharistic litergy is the main thing. None are right and none are wrong, they just follow different worship traditions. All have music, preaching and communion, they just have different emphasis.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 09-12-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    Scripture, both Old and New Testaments do not seek to prove the existance of God. It starts with the existance of God and moves forward from that point. Folks who seek proof that God exists will never be satisfied with any such "proof". It is a matter of the heart and soul and if folks lack that kind of heart and soul, they will forever wander seeking proof, for that which is all around them. They are like fish seeking proof that water exists.

As I said in previous post, they don't want God to exist. A supreme moral being calling balls and strikes on their lives, is odious to them. They want to play life by their own rules and be their own umpire. The bottom line is they want to be their own god. The ancient Jewish metaphor of Eve, Adam and the snake/temptor laid this all out. It has been true for as long as humans have been on this planet.The core/essence of sin is self deification.

All wisdom begins with God. Everything else is just human blathering and noise. Being intelligent does make a person wise, neither does education. I have spent considerable time among the Quechua people of the Andes and tribes of the Amazon rain forest and I have found more wisdom there, than any university in the world. A connection to God starts with being able to learn from life and the world around us. We should be open to the collective wisdom of the generations that have gone before.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 09-12-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast