RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingPBcastco
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Two species of humanity

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Your answer is nonsense. People existed on earth well before organized religions and no one knew they had to accept anyone, so therefore they all went to hell.

Organized religion is the opiate for the masses.
    Thank you, that helped me allot. I was trying to decide if you are:

A. Totally ignorant, with zero knowledge of the Judeo/Christian faith history and tradition.
    B. A anti-religion troll, just one of many, that come to this forum to entertain themselves at the expense of the faithful with their pseudo intellectual comments and challenges.

You are B. and that explains your 3rd Grade Class Clown responses to the serious matters of faith. I now know what to do with you. Thank you again for revealing who you are. The Karl Marx quote put the cap on it.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 09-10-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Thank you, that helped me allot. I was trying to decide if you are:

A. Totally ignorant, with zero knowledge of the Judeo/Christian faith history and tradition.
    B. A anti-religion troll, just one of many, that come to this forum to entertain themselves at the expense of the faithful with their pseudo intellectual comments and challenges.

You are B. and that explains your 3rd Grade Class Clown responses to the serious matters of faith. I now know what to do with you. Thank you again for revealing who you are. The Karl Marx quote put the cap on it.
    And we thank you for showing your true "Christian" character. Which is so typical of people of your class.
    East Tennessee

"Does a dog have a soul?" Their usual answer is "no." That's when I know I'm right. Interesting but totally irrational thought.
    1) if dogs have a 'soul', they, being 'innocent' would be in Heaven!
    2) If dogs have a 'soul', why not spiders, rattlesnakes and grain have one also?
    3) We are NOT in charge, no matter how we love our pets ( and non-believer friends).
    Believers are told to spread the word to the world so that the Spirit will convince. Does Satan give the same command? Why do non-believers fight so hard to convince believers they are wrong? If it in reality doesn't make a difference, why argue the point? Nothing lost, nothing gained!
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    And we thank you for showing your true "Christian" character. Which is so typical of people of your class.
    I'm puzzled; just what did he say that jerked your anti-"Christian" character chain so hard?

Or, is this post just another example of how deeply ingrained the snarky attitude is embedded in your supposed superior innerlecshul class (ROFL! ) is to take any disagreement from is personal and just plain MEAN? I mean, do you think we Christians are, you know, like, really mean to you, as contrasted to the way you and your class are always so mild, courteous, and respectful of others - i.e., us.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    I'm puzzled; just what did he say that jerked your anti-"Christian" character chain so hard?

Or, is this post just another example of how deeply ingrained the snarky attitude is embedded in your supposed superior innerlecshul class (ROFL! ) is to take any disagreement from is personal and just plain MEAN? I mean, do you think we Christians are, you know, like, really mean to you, as contrasted to the way you and your class are always so mild, courteous, and respectful of others - i.e., us.
    Being called ignorant, troll, 3rd grade, class clown, reference to being a communist. I used to consider myself a Christian, but then people around me who considered themselves Christians showed me it was not a path I wanted to follow. I’ll continue my search for a higher power elsewhere.
    Last edited by snowwolfe; 09-10-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    East Tennessee

Being called ignorant, troll, 3rd grade, class clown, reference to being a communist.
    Well, I didn't call you a communist, I just mentioned you quoted from Karl Marx. You made the rest of the connection yourself. Your questions were very shallow and did display great ignorance of the Christian faith and Christian theology. Your comments were the childish gotcha type. You and your ilk come to this forum to make sport of the faith and the faithful and that makes you a troll. I just calls em the way I sees em! You be what you be!

I can respect a man with honest questions and will do my best to give him honest answers. I am not offended by questions and those who seek to understand. You on the other hand are not honest in your questions, but only seek to scoff, trap and play with people. I can't respect people who do that, they lack essential intellectual honesty. I recall that Jesus was very harsh with those who tried to subvert and undermine the faith of others. I see no reason to handle you with kid gloves and pretend you are something you are not.

It is sad, that you and folks like you infest this forum. It prevents real honest discussion of Christian theology and thought and subverts the purpose of the forum. It is time to change the name of the forum from "Deep Theology" to "Faithless Scoffers"
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 09-10-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Your answer is nonsense. People existed on earth well before organized religions and no one knew they had to accept anyone, so therefore they all went to hell.

Organized religion is the opiate for the masses.
    If you care to read it.

Rom 1:18-32

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Boolit Master
    Well, I didn't call you a communist, I just mentioned you quoted from Karl Marx. You made the rest of the connection yourself. Your questions were very shallow and did display great ignorance of the Christian faith and Christian theology. Your comments were the childish gotcha type. You and your ilk come to this forum to make sport of the faith and the faithful and that makes you a troll. I just calls em the way I sees em! You be what you be!

I can respect a man with honest questions and will do my best to give him honest answers. I am not offended by questions and those who seek to understand. You on the other hand are not honest in your questions, but only seek to scoff, trap and play with people. I can't respect people who do that, they lack essential intellectual honesty. I recall that Jesus was very harsh with those who tried to subvert and undermine the faith of others. I see no reason to handle you with kid gloves and pretend you are something you are not.

It is sad, that you and folks like you infest this forum. It prevents real honest discussion of Christian theology and thought and subverts the purpose of the forum. It is time to change the name of the forum from "Deep Theology" to "Faithless Scoffers"
    Why answer any of my questions or thoughts? After all, you claim I am here only to infest. So if I am then you are childish to entertain my thoughts with a response.
    Your not here to discuss anything, you just want people to believe what you do.
    Last edited by snowwolfe; 09-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    East Tennessee

Why answer any of my questions or thoughts? After all, you claim I am here only to infest. So if I am then you are childish to entertain my thoughts with a response.
    Your not here to discuss anything, you just want people to believe what you do.
    You are not here to discuss. You are here to deny, challenge and scoff. Once you revealed yourself, I stop answering your questions. I an OK with honest questions, even if they are childish, but you were not asking honest questions.

Boolit Master
    "Does a dog have a soul?" Their usual answer is "no." That's when I know I'm right. Interesting but totally irrational thought.
    Totally irrational thought? Wow. Talk about arrogance. Why not other living things? Do you really believe, because you "believe," that you have a corner on existence, and only you matter? If we're talking "irrational thought," and I did not bring it up, let's talk about that which you preach, that which goes against all known science and common sense. Religion as you preach is, to me, lazy, based on fear. "I don't know what's out there, and I don't want to rationalize it, so I'll plug in other people's irrational beliefs." I was completely willing to leave it alone, to leave you to wallow in your faith, then you had to attack my belief system, which is a rational, well thought out belief system; not the same as yours, but just as valid.

Boolit Master
    You are not here to discuss. You are here to deny, challenge and scoff. Once you revealed yourself, I stop answering your questions. I an OK with honest questions, even if they are childish, but you were not asking honest questions.
    If you were able to answer my original question you would of. Instead of deflecting and going on with your immature bantering. You act like the spoiled bully in the playground. By now the intent of my original question is long lost to you.
    Last edited by snowwolfe; 09-10-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Char and Thunder, et al, isn't it interesting that those who aren't believers try so hard to convince us we're mental cases even tho they have no interest in us at all.

I often wonder what drives them, what do they hope to accomplish? If we are "wrong" then we lose nothing and have lived happier lives than they. But, if they are wrong ....

Seems our self styled intellectuals have convinced themselves we are wrong and we can't possibly know anything they don't know so they won't listen! Instead, they have chosen to believe "scientists" who are equally ignorant of spiritual things rather than seeing what is before them while insisting we can't possibly know or have experienced things of which they know nothing at all. And, in their massive ignorance of all things spiritual, they have the gall to presume themselves to be the most intelligent; that's weird!

Being proud of one's ignorance really isn't very scientific is it?

Boolit Master
    in their massive ignorance of all things spiritual, they have the gall to presume themselves to be the most intelligent; that's weird!
    I made no claims to be "the most intelligent". In fact, I respect your faith. But, when I'm called irrational because of my views, I get a little ticked off.

Boolit Master
    Char and Thunder, et al, isn't it interesting that those who aren't believers try so hard to convince us we're mental cases even tho they have no interest in us at all.

I often wonder what drives them, what do they hope to accomplish? If we are "wrong" then we lose nothing and have lived happier lives than they. But, if they are wrong ....

Seems our self styled intellectuals have convinced themselves we are wrong and we can't possibly know anything they don't know so they won't listen! Instead, they have chosen to believe "scientists" who are equally ignorant of spiritual things rather than seeing what is before them while insisting we can't possibly know or have experienced things of which they know nothing at all. And, in their massive ignorance of all things spiritual, they have the gall to presume themselves to be the most intelligent; that's weird!

I have no desire to convince anyone they are mental cases. I thought my question was sincere and valid so I'll repeat it and add to it.

I believe in evolution. If evolution is true then man existed before Christianity was a solid belief. I often hear Christians state you can't get to heaven unless you accept god.

So, did every person on this earth who died before Christianity was a belief go to hell since they knew nothing of a god they must accept?
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

Snowwolfe
    The answer to your question is in the Bible. The Bible tells us that Cain slew Abel because of a jealous of sacrifices to God. Abel was the son of Adam. So God had a sacrificial system from day one.
    I believe in creation because I can not grasp the reasoning of evolution.
    By looking at nature, i have to determine that all the design had to have a designer. I believe that God created all things from nothing. I will pray for you instead of critizing.

Boolit Master
    ... So, did every person on this earth who died before Christianity was a belief go to hell since they knew nothing of a god they must accept?
    I doubt it but that's way above my pay grade. I really don't know, nor does anyone else and I think you know it so why do you even ask? And it's a specious "pot stirring" question, not worth a discussion anyway. All that really matters is that each of us has to decide where we stand, not where anyone else in human history has stood.

Banned

Two species of humanity

Think I read somewhere recently that the number of atheists in America are neck-and-neck with the number of Christians...about 25 percent each.
    Nope, not even close! Check this Pew Research poll out:
    https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/
    Last edited by dangitgriff; 09-10-2019 at 09:06 PM.

What drives them is an easy question to answer. All folks who resist Faith, do so for one reason; They don't want a moral supreme being that holds them accountable for their actions and lives in general. They want be their own gods, and determind good and evil for themselves, thereby being accountable only to themselves. Where have you heard that before? (hint, try Genesis 1) In order to do this, they must find ways to dismiss those who believe otherwise. There are many ways they do this, but claiming the intellectual high ground over those ignorant and superstitious religionists, is probably the most common.

Despite their claims to superior intellect, they really are a very transparent and rather simple bunch of folks. Nothing much complex about them. I have been dealing with and observing them for 50+ years and their standard talking points are repeated over and over and over. That is why these guys are so easy to spot. They are as plain as rat poop in the sugar bowl, as the old saying goes.

It is a waste of time to argue, discuss and try to convince them of the reality of God and His son Jesus. It is best to just identify them and go around them and proceed down the trail. If life drives them to their knees and destroys their self reliance, they might be open to rethinking the whole issue. Absent that, they have little chance of being nothing more that fuel for the fires of hell. A sad assessment indeed, but that is the way it is.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 09-10-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Boolit Master
    I have no desire to convince anyone they are mental cases. I thought my question was sincere and valid so I'll repeat it and add to it.

I believe in evolution. If evolution is true then man existed before Christianity was a solid belief. I often hear Christians state you can't get to heaven unless you accept god.

So, did every person on this earth who died before Christianity was a belief go to hell since they knew nothing of a god they must accept?
    Did you happen to read post #52? The answer you claim to seek is there. How About a paraphrased version?

Romans
    18-23 But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes as such can’t see: eternal power, for instance, and the mystery of his divine being. So nobody has a good excuse. What happened was this: People knew God perfectly well, but when they didn’t treat him like God, refusing to worship him, they trivialized themselves into silliness and confusion so that there was neither sense nor direction left in their lives. They pretended to know it all, but were illiterate regarding life. They traded the glory of God who holds the whole world in his hands for cheap figurines you can buy at any roadside stand.

24-25 So God said, in effect, “If that’s what you want, that’s what you get.” It wasn’t long before they were living in a pigpen, smeared with filth, filthy inside and out. And all this because they traded the true God for a fake god, and worshiped the god they made instead of the God who made them—the God we bless, the God who blesses us. Oh, yes!

26-27 Worse followed. Refusing to know God, they soon didn’t know how to be human either—women didn’t know how to be women, men didn’t know how to be men. Sexually confused, they abused and defiled one another, women with women, men with men—all lust, no love. And then they paid for it, oh, how they paid for it—emptied of God and love, godless and loveless wretches.

28-32 Since they didn’t bother to acknowledge God, God quit bothering them and let them run loose. And then all hell broke loose: rampant evil, grabbing and grasping, vicious backstabbing. They made life hell on earth with their envy, wanton killing, bickering, and cheating. Look at them: mean-spirited, venomous, fork-tongued God-bashers. Bullies, swaggerers, insufferable windbags! They keep inventing new ways of wrecking lives. They ditch their parents when they get in the way. Stupid, slimy, cruel, cold-blooded. And it’s not as if they don’t know better. They know perfectly well they’re spitting in God’s face. And they don’t care—worse, they hand out prizes to those who do the worst things best!

As always you are free to believe what you wish.
    Last edited by Thundarstick; 09-10-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Boolit Master
    Despite their claims to superior intellect, they really are a very transparent and rather simple bunch of folks. Nothing much complex about them. I have been dealing with and observing them for 50+ years and their standard talking points are repeated over and over and over. That is why these guys are so easy to spot. They are as plain as rat poop in the sugar bowl, as the old saying goes.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Back at ya...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast