RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingPBcastco
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Two species of humanity

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    There is one question that I ask of a "true believer" to which their usual answer validates my belief system, and that is, "Does a dog have a soul?" Their usual answer is "no." That's when I know I'm right.
    That's quite deep right there...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig556r View Post
    That's quite deep right there...
    What's deep about it?

C.S. Lewis in "Mere Christianity" tackled the question of whether a dog will be in heaven head on. He reasoned that dogs/cats and many other creatures are "sentient beings" and as such will be in heaven because of attatchment to humans.

I cleared this with my Pekinese Whitman and he says "Amen". I personally can't conceive of heaven being a place I would want to be without my critter friends.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-28-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Have you ever given up on someone, only to see God turn their lives to his will? I have!
    Shure, there are many people I can't reach, but God never gives up. Best for me to move on and let God deal with them another day, through another person. I ain't the be all and end all of God's tools.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-28-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Moderator Emeritus

Char-Gar, you always impress me with your wisdom. Anyone can learn facts, but it takes a real MAN to develop wisdom!

Boolit Master
    C.S. Lewis in "Mere Christianity" tackled the question of whether a dog will be in heaven head on. He reasoned that dogs/cats and many other creatures are "sentient beings" and as such will be in heaven because of attatchment to humans.
    That's it? Settled by C.S. Lewis? No Biblical reference? How many "sentient beings" can you bring with you? And why would you need a dog in heaven? It's heaven...

Boolit Master
    That's it? Settled by C.S. Lewis? No Biblical reference? How many "sentient beings" can you bring with you? And why would you need a dog in heaven? It's heaven...
    I guess in "heaven" you would need nothing but God. Sad kind of place, no dogs. Some visions of "heaven" have no attraction for me.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    I've been interested in people's arguments for and against animals being in heaven for a long time. What's most odd is what I've seen as the two primary reasons for saying there won't be.

First, some don't see any Biblical mention of animals in heaven so they reason there will be none. I think that's a weak argument. There is likely to be many things in heaven we aren't told about. Maybe because it won't mean a thing to us yet?

Second, some say animals have no "immortal souls" so they can't be "resurrected". I ask, maybe animals have immortal souls, maybe they don't, maybe some do and some don't, but how can the lack of evidence make some folk so sure of either position?

What I KNOW from scripture is there will at least be white horses in heaven (Rev 19:11). I know the final heaven will be on earth (Rev 21:1-7) and I know God declared his original creation, including animals, to be "Good" and there's no logical argument suggesting He will concede any part of his original handiwork to Satan and leave it out of his final resurrection plans. From all that I know there will certainly be horses and almost certainly there will be many other animals on the new earth BUT I have no clue if they will be old animals resurrected or an entirely new batch or a mixture of old and new. ???

Bottom line, it's an interesting topic to discuss but it makes no difference because no one really knows and no one will go to heaven or hell on the animals in heaven question anyway.
    Last edited by 1hole; 09-07-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Boolit Master
    Since humans have been on this earth for millions of years I ask this question. How did they get to heaven before Christianity was even invented?
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    ... I ask this question. How did they get to heaven before Christianity was even invented?
    Good question. Short answer is, "By faith (trust) in God." Long answer is, "We aren't told in detail so we really don't know anything other than salvation is by faith/trust in God."

The historical flow of scripture is the record of what would become the Jews from which Messiah Jesus would come. The Old Testament records Jewish history up to the birth and sacrifice of Jesus (as the son of man) and the New Testament church in his name. It was the physical resurrection of Jesus that completed the old rules and founded Christianity by the heart (faith) of believers. As you know, faith in Jesus (as the Son of God) has been the only means of salvation since that time.

Now, I wonder, what do you understand to be "heaven"? I ask because there are two heavenly states (Sheol/Hades and Paradise - there's NO Purgatory!) for the storage of departed souls before anyone sees the REAL heaven on earth. The REAL (final) heaven won't come until after the seven years of hell on earth we call the Tribulation period AND after the following 1,000 year kingdom of God of God on earth AND then not until after the following Great White Throne judgements. So, no one is in the real heaven or hell at this time. And no one can honestly tell you any more than that because that's all there is in the Book.

There's a lot we don't yet know but I trust that God has things worked out so the saved of all history are secure and they too will all be fully restored with us - in the flesh - right here, for eternity, on this very earth that we were all made from.

Since humans have been on this earth for millions of years I ask this question. How did they get to heaven before Christianity was even invented?
    The nature of God is revealed in his creation/nature. Those who correctly discerned His nature, worshiped him and followed in faith are heaven bound. Christanity was not "invented" it was revealed.

The operative concept here, is the peoples response to God revelation/revealing through out the history of humankind.

I do not believe that a loving creator God would create a world made rich by our love for family, friends and pets and then say..."Well you can forgit all of that, in heaven all you need is me". God did not create us as loving beings, give us people and critters to love and then jerk it all away from us at death. That is not my notion of a loving creating God.

Boolit Master
    So, you can get to heaven then without accepting God?
    East Tennessee

So, you can get to heaven then accepting God?
    No you can not.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    No you can not.
    Interesting, all the people born before Christianity had no god to accept and went to hell.
    Last edited by snowwolfe; 09-09-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    East Tennessee

Banned
    Remember: God didn’t create religion...mankind did.
    Also: the meaning of life, the universe and everything is:

R/Griff

Interesting, all the people born before Christianity had no god to accept and went to hell.
    Total nonsense....God existed before man and created man. Man did not create God. Christianity is God's final statement to man, but certainly not the first.

Boolit Master
    What about aborted babies that had a heartbeat, brainwaves and fingerprints when they were murdered? Where do they end up? I'm not trying to stir the crap. I would like to know that they have a place, and those that killed them will be punished.

What about aborted babies that had a heartbeat, brainwaves and fingerprints when they were murdered? Where do they end up? I'm not trying to stir the crap. I would like to know that they have a place, and those that killed them will be punished.
    Both of your concerns are true. They DO have a place, and those responsible WILL stand before the judgment seat of Christ and give an account. So you will you. And so will I.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Total nonsense....God existed before man and created man. Man did not create God. Christianity is God's final statement to man, but certainly not the first.
    Your answer is nonsense. People existed on earth well before organized religions and no one knew they had to accept anyone, so therefore they all went to hell.

Organized religion is the opiate for the masses.
    East Tennessee

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast