Inline FabricationADvertise hereLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 139

Thread: Two species of humanity

  1. #1
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    sulphur springs, Tx
    Posts
    993

    Two species of humanity

    This will not make sense to non-believers, but it becomes more obvious with each passing day to me. The apostle Paul (2 Cor 2 v 17) describes the one believing in Christ as being a new creature. Jesus Himself in John 3 v 3 states that unless a man is born from above he cannot see the kingdom of God ( he cannot discern things of a spiritual nature). This is why the non- believers canít understand us and we can barely understand them. To look on the magnificent creation of Almighty God with itís incredible complexity and conclude that it is simply a cosmic accident is a telltale indication that their minds are blinded to the truth. I was there. By the Fatherís mercy I was given Life through His Sonís righteousness and perfect obedience!
    There are only two kinds of men:

    1. Those who know Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

    2. Those about to learn that Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

  2. #2
    Boolit Buddy Newboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South, by God, Carolina
    Posts
    155
    wmitty, I agree completely!

    But it is born of a Calvinistic theology: there are the elect in whom dwells the Spirit of God, and the non-elect, who are controlled by Satan.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #3
    Boolit Master


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lenore, WV
    Posts
    2,237
    I don't think when you become a Christian, your DNA changes. You are still just a human. By learning and following Gods plan your outlook changes. From no hope to complete hope, from condemnation as a nonbeliever to a believer who will be glorified when you die.
    The bible says preaching is foolishness to the nonbeliever. The nonbeliever usually changes the channel or tunes in a different radio station when they land on a Christian broadcast. They do not want to hear it. And most of all , many nonbelievers do not know what the truth is or can not discern riscern right from wrong. A believer SHOULD obey all moral and civil law while the nonbeliver settles on his own beliefs. One may justify parking beside a fire hydrant or like Hitler wants to control the world.
    The real confusion is when a person says he is a Christian but acts like a sinner. Physical we are the same but spiriually we are worlds apart.

  4. #4
    Boolit Master
    dtknowles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    This will not make sense to non-believers, but it becomes more obvious with each passing day to me. The apostle Paul (2 Cor 2 v 17) describes the one believing in Christ as being a new creature. Jesus Himself in John 3 v 3 states that unless a man is born from above he cannot see the kingdom of God ( he cannot discern things of a spiritual nature). This is why the non- believers can’t understand us and we can barely understand them. To look on the magnificent creation of Almighty God with it’s incredible complexity and conclude that it is simply a cosmic accident is a telltale indication that their minds are blinded to the truth. I was there. By the Father’s mercy I was given Life through His Son’s righteousness and perfect obedience!
    All persons are created equal. If you believe that we (you and I) are of two different species do you consider my species inferior to yours.

    Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

    The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

    The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

  5. #5
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,302
    Sorry but humans existed without your Bible for many thousands of years longer than the Bible has existed.
    Even today there are billions (billions with a B) of people that get a long fine without it.
    There is nothing else in existence that provides any physical proof that what you feel is true.
    You cannot believe life is an accident. I interpret that as you are unable to accept that you and the rest of the human race are so insignificant. But if you look at the size of the rest of the universe both you and your god really are insignificant. Burn all your bibles and in 200 years your faith will totally be forgotten yet the rest of the universe will be unchanged. The laws governing the universe will go on as they always have whether man exists or not. Man is not the center of the universe.
    EDG

  6. #6
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    sulphur springs, Tx
    Posts
    993
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Sorry but humans existed without your Bible for many thousands of years longer than the Bible has existed.
    Even today there are billions (billions with a B) of people that get a long fine without it.
    There is nothing else in existence that provides any physical proof that what you feel is true.
    You cannot believe life is an accident. I interpret that as you are unable to accept that you and the rest of the human race are so insignificant. But if you look at the size of the rest of the universe both you and your god really are insignificant. Burn all your bibles and in 200 years your faith will totally be forgotten yet the rest of the universe will be unchanged. The laws governing the universe will go on as they always have whether man exists or not. Man is not the center of the universe.


    Guys; I will have to wait a bit to reply; we are bouncing along I35 between Austin and Dallas and I can barely restrain myself from bailing out due to the Bosseís driving.
    There are only two kinds of men:

    1. Those who know Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

    2. Those about to learn that Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

  7. #7
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,302
    Where is your faith that your god will protect you from the hazards of the highway?

    Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    Guys; I will have to wait a bit to reply; we are bouncing along I35 between Austin and Dallas and I can barely restrain myself from bailing out due to the Bosse’s driving.
    EDG

  8. #8
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Western NC
    Posts
    1,797
    Well said mitty and the counter responses are simply examples of what you've observed.

    None are as blind as those who will not see. Spiritual things are spiritually perceived; spiritually blind eyes are determined to not see the vivid proofs of God's hand all around them. Sad.

  9. #9
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Denial
    Posts
    2,636
    Interesting. . .

    Have you ever stopped to consider that in your scenario, your god would have created both species: the suckers who will blindly accept the used car salesman's pitch that it's solid, in perfect shape, and only driven by grandma once a week to buy groceries vs. those of us who will kick the tires, pull the dipstick, and study the body panels before deciding that this Bondo-encrusted junker is not for us, going instead to seek out a different ride elsewhere?

    #1. I would ask you just why would your god make these two species?

    #2. I would point out to you that you're typing on a computer; probably in an air conditioned building; probably with a TV in it that can receive signals from space; probably with a car in the garage that can rocket you down an engineered roadbed at over 100 MPH, burning refined fuels made of creatures that died 150 million years ago (not 6,000); that you are not dead of disease or malnutrition before age 40; and that you would have NONE of that without members of your "alien species", or at least hybrids, who's every actions are NOT driven by "because the Bible says...", that expressed some doubts about how the universe was presented to them and weren't afraid to either call B.S. on the Man Behind The Curtain, or at least seriously reconsider his nature or motives. Would you be happier with your burlap underwear, your torchlight, and your tuberculosis?
    WWJMBD?

    "I'M MELLLLLLLLLLTING!" - Elphaba

  10. #10
    Boolit Grand Master Char-Gar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Deep South Texas
    Posts
    12,111
    Species is a biological/scientific term and has no relevance to theology or faith. It means two creatures that are able to mate and whoes offspring is fertile. There is only one species of human. Now if you want to draw other distinctions between peoples, on the basis of what they believe, the have at it, but difference species is a no go.

    It helps to understand that Biblical writers often used metaphor to express their intent.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-26-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

  11. #11
    Moderator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,385
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Sorry but humans existed without your Bible for many thousands of years longer than the Bible has existed.
    Even today there are billions (billions with a B) of people that get a long fine without it.
    There is nothing else in existence that provides any physical proof that what you feel is true.
    You cannot believe life is an accident. I interpret that as you are unable to accept that you and the rest of the human race are so insignificant. But if you look at the size of the rest of the universe both you and your god really are insignificant. Burn all your bibles and in 200 years your faith will totally be forgotten yet the rest of the universe will be unchanged. The laws governing the universe will go on as they always have whether man exists or not. Man is not the center of the universe.
    Well, EDG, just as usual, you disbelievers always see language in whatever way suits your disbelief. You won't even consider the use of the word "species" to mean something of a symbolic nature. Why not? You disbelievers always have an argument for every statement a believer ever utters. But the content and nature of those arguments are as revealing as a literal confession from you. You don't want to believe, so ...... you won't. Note I said "won't," and not "can't." You are pre-disposed to disbelieve, and to defend your disbelief to the death - both physical and spiritual. OK. But it's God Himself who gave you that prerogative, and no man can take that from you. It's YOUR choice, and not His, so when you try to blame damnation on God, you're talking with a double tongue - just like Satan would have you do.

    Bob Dylan wrote a song some years back entitled "You Gotta' Serve Somebody," and it was based on the simplest of facts. We all DO have to serve somebody, either it'll be God or Satan, and those who think of themselves as serving themselves, are really serving everything that's anti-Christ. That can only be Satan, but no believer expects you to own up to it.

    So be it, then. But why do you persist in parading your disbelief in front of all us believers, and trying to foist off your doubts as "rationality" and "reason," when in fact, it's YOU who defies all rationality and reason when you deny the more clear and fundamental facts of our reasons to believe? What is it that you're so unduly proud of??? Doubt is really a noghingness. It's not even a "something!" And for THIS, you have chosen to be hostile to belief in the Lord and God and the Bible???? And you call that "rational" and "reason????" HA! It's nothing of the sort, and you can't not know it. You continue to try to be provocative in hopes of angering us believers, and getting one or more of us to lose our temper. But really, EDG, don't you think you've gone WAY beyond the point where you can anger us any more? Now, all we have for you is pity, mixed with a bit of distaste because of your antagonistic manner. But we've seen and suffered a LOT worse, both in our lives and in history. So your futile efforts to convert any of us, or affect our faith in the least sort of way, are a very sad comment on your disbeliefs, and the desperation with which you seem to feel is necessary to defend your illogical and unreasoning point of view. What you have is not a real faith in anything. It's just an attitude that's hostile to the Lord Jesus Christ, and anything that'd honestly Holy. OK. Your option. Your choice. But when damnation comes to you, don't even try to blame it on God's decision. He only gave you an option. YOU did the choosing, even when informed of the consequences. You make it easier and easier to see why God must eventually separate the holy from the unholy. It judy makes more and more sense, every time you post, sir. And I'm very sorry to have to say that, but that's just the way it is. God be with you. You need Him now more than you ever have.

  12. #12
    Moderator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,385
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Sorry but humans existed without your Bible for many thousands of years longer than the Bible has existed.
    Even today there are billions (billions with a B) of people that get a long fine without it.
    There is nothing else in existence that provides any physical proof that what you feel is true.
    You cannot believe life is an accident. I interpret that as you are unable to accept that you and the rest of the human race are so insignificant. But if you look at the size of the rest of the universe both you and your god really are insignificant. Burn all your bibles and in 200 years your faith will totally be forgotten yet the rest of the universe will be unchanged. The laws governing the universe will go on as they always have whether man exists or not. Man is not the center of the universe.
    Well, EDG, just as usual, you disbelievers always see language in whatever way suits your disbelief. You won't even consider the use of the word "species" to mean something of a symbolic nature. Why not? You disbelievers always have an argument for every statement a believer ever utters. But the content and nature of those arguments are as revealing as a literal confession from you. You don't want to believe, so ...... you won't. Note I said "won't," and not "can't." You are pre-disposed to disbelieve, and to defend your disbelief to the death - both physical and spiritual. OK. But it's God Himself who gave you that prerogative, and no man can take that from you. It's YOUR choice, and not His, so when you try to blame damnation on God, you're talking with a double tongue - just like Satan would have you do.

    Bob Dylan wrote a song some years back entitled "You Gotta' Serve Somebody," and it was based on the simplest of facts. We all DO have to serve somebody, either it'll be God or Satan, and those who think of themselves as serving themselves, are really serving everything that's anti-Christ. That can only be Satan, but no believer expects you to own up to it.

    So be it, then. But why do you persist in parading your disbelief in front of all us believers, and trying to foist off your doubts as "rationality" and "reason," when in fact, it's YOU who defies all rationality and reason when you deny the more clear and fundamental facts of our reasons to believe? What is it that you're so unduly proud of??? Doubt is really a noghingness. It's not even a "something!" And for THIS, you have chosen to be hostile to belief in the Lord and God and the Bible???? And you call that "rational" and "reason????" HA! It's nothing of the sort, and you can't not know it. You continue to try to be provocative in hopes of angering us believers, and getting one or more of us to lose our temper. But really, EDG, don't you think you've gone WAY beyond the point where you can anger us any more? Now, all we have for you is pity, mixed with a bit of distaste because of your antagonistic manner. But we've seen and suffered a LOT worse, both in our lives and in history. So your futile efforts to convert any of us, or affect our faith in the least sort of way, are a very sad comment on your disbeliefs, and the desperation with which you seem to feel is necessary to defend your illogical and unreasoning point of view. What you have is not a real faith in anything. It's just an attitude that's hostile to the Lord Jesus Christ, and anything that'd honestly Holy. OK. Your option. Your choice. But when damnation comes to you, don't even try to blame it on God's decision. He only gave you an option. YOU did the choosing, even when informed of the consequences. You make it easier and easier to see why God must eventually separate the holy from the unholy. It judy makes more and more sense, every time you post, sir. And I'm very sorry to have to say that, but that's just the way it is. God be with you. You need Him now more than you ever have.

  13. #13
    Moderator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,385
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Where is your faith that your god will protect you from the hazards of the highway?
    Real faith, and "concern" are separate and unequal things. We have faith that whenever we die, we'll go to Heaven. We do NOT have "faith" that the Lord is some "sugar daddy in the sky" who protects us from the consequences of our own actions and mistakes. But then, one who can't believe in Christ, with all the evidence of Him all around us if we honestly looked, I guess it's no big surprise that you can't differentiate between "faith" and "concern," either. You're really not a lot of fun to play with, sir. You always have a very different dictionary and very different definitions than the rest of us have. But if you make the error of disbelief, I guess it's no big surprise that you'd make other elemental errors as well?

  14. #14
    Moderator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Interesting. . .

    Have you ever stopped to consider that in your scenario, your god would have created both species: the suckers who will blindly accept the used car salesman's pitch that it's solid, in perfect shape, and only driven by grandma once a week to buy groceries vs. those of us who will kick the tires, pull the dipstick, and study the body panels before deciding that this Bondo-encrusted junker is not for us, going instead to seek out a different ride elsewhere?

    #1. I would ask you just why would your god make these two species?

    #2. I would point out to you that you're typing on a computer; probably in an air conditioned building; probably with a TV in it that can receive signals from space; probably with a car in the garage that can rocket you down an engineered roadbed at over 100 MPH, burning refined fuels made of creatures that died 150 million years ago (not 6,000); that you are not dead of disease or malnutrition before age 40; and that you would have NONE of that without members of your "alien species", or at least hybrids, who's every actions are NOT driven by "because the Bible says...", that expressed some doubts about how the universe was presented to them and weren't afraid to either call B.S. on the Man Behind The Curtain, or at least seriously reconsider his nature or motives. Would you be happier with your burlap underwear, your torchlight, and your tuberculosis?
    Gee whiz, Slug! Stop being so silly! You excel at the art of "missing the point." He never really meant species, as in the scientific sense, but two quite different creatures, based on the content of what lies within them. It may or may not have been the best of all possible ways to state his premise, but if one WANTS to understand the content of his post, it's not really very difficult. And if there's no real will to understand the premise, why do you interrupt a serious discussion with your silliness???? If you just want to argue, why not seek a better realm within which to practice your chosen approach????

  15. #15
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,462
    "There are those that believe as I do, and those that don't. I am right, you are wrong."
    Geez, where have I heard that before?
    Oh yeah...everywhere.
    North vs south
    Liberal vs conservative
    Christian vs Jew
    Red Sox fan vs Yankees fan
    antigun vs pro gun
    male vs female
    straight vs gay
    righty vs lefty

    It goes on and on and on. One thing I noticed is that people who make such statements are usually the ones on shaky ground as far as their belief system. To reassure themselves, and make themselves feel better, they must tear down others. Just because I do not kneel next to you at your altar doesn't mean that my belief systems aren't as good as yours. I was raised Catholic, then I started thinking for myself when the Church's teachings conflicted with what I saw in the real world. Did I abandon the Church? No, I tailored what they taught me to my reality. Instead of wasting this precious life that God gave me worrying about what comes next, I am thankful for each day.
    Am I going to "hell?" I am going exactly where I was meant to go. You have faith, I have faith in fate. What happened, what happens, what will happen has all been determined. That's what gets me through the day. If I am a different species, which I often think I am, then it's a more intelligent, thoughtful, considering species, as I was meant to be.

    There is one question that I ask of a "true believer" to which their usual answer validates my belief system, and that is, "Does a dog have a soul?" Their usual answer is "no." That's when I know I'm right.
    Last edited by Battis; 08-27-2019 at 07:31 AM.

  16. #16
    Moderator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    BW, Mitty asked a serious question, I gave him a serious answer, and it appears that maybe I understood his post better than you did. His interpretation of scripture is that we are incompatible beings - NO S*** he means in terms of thought, outlook, etc... If you want to quibble over the minutiae of the word "species" to appear that you have some traction, by all means, carry on with making a fool of yourself.

    But he's probably right - I'll continue to add one to one and get two, and you'll continue to insist it's somehow 325 - and the question I posted still stands: what is your "perfect being's" game in creating us spiritually stunted cripples?
    God never made any man a "spiritually stunted cripple." Men make themselves into those things, and they do it by choice, and by despising anything to do with Christianity. If my Down's Syndrome cousin can "get" and receive Christ, and have a true spiritual experience and revelation, then you could too, if only you allowed yourself to receive it. But you've rejected it in favor of creating your own concept of religion, and drumming up silly questions about those who do have true faith. So be it. That's YOUR choice. I and many others have made a different choice, and you'll never be able, much less admit, that you've CHOSEN to not believe - you've rejected Christ, and all that has to do with Him. Again, so be it. That's YOUR choice, and there are consequences and rewards for our decisions in this matter, and you well know them. God be with you, and I sincerely hope something happens that will open your eyes, your mind, and your heart.

  17. #17
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    sulphur springs, Tx
    Posts
    993
    Guys, sorry I took so long to get back to the discussion. Jesus Christ is Creator God who walked among men. I and the others here who believe know this. He has said "no man can come to Me unless My Father has enabled him". John 6 v. 44 & 65. The Father and His Son give spiritual life to whoever they are pleased to give it. Spiritual life is a gift given to some; no one deserves or earns it. Those who do not believe are blinded by Satan to the point that they can't see spiritual matters and they can't see that The Father and His Son and His Spirit are worthy of our adoration and obedience and praise. My question is can a believer effectively pray and request that these who are deceived and blinded by Satan be "born from above"? I have no anger or resentment for these guys who don't believe - guys, they can't believe! They can't see what we see!
    There are only two kinds of men:

    1. Those who know Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

    2. Those about to learn that Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

  18. #18
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    sulphur springs, Tx
    Posts
    993
    Some men are deceived by Satan and can be brought into the Light. Some men are children of their father and they will not. (John 8 v.44) Guys, I beg you to read the Gospel of John.
    There are only two kinds of men:

    1. Those who know Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

    2. Those about to learn that Jesus Christ is both Creator and Sovereign Lord.

  19. #19
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by T_McD View Post
    Matthew 22:35-40

    Mark 12:28-34

    Luke 10:27
    Absolutely! You (I) may be the ONLY Jesus someone sees today. It's our (Christians) inconsistencies that give others doubt, NOT Jesus. He is faithful and true for ever amen!

    wmitty, Jesus has the knowledge and power to make this pronouncement, we don't. Our calling is to love, not judge intent, however we are not called to condone, ignore, or accept evil. Sometimes loving our neighbour does mean warning them, but seek to do even that in a humble spirit of love and not condemnation least you (I) close their ears to reason.

  20. #20
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    Some men are deceived by Satan and can be brought into the Light. Some men are children of their father and they will not. (John 8 v.44) Guys, I beg you to read the Gospel of John.
    Have you ever given up on someone, only to see God turn their lives to his will? I have!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check