Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Perfection reloading tool

Boolit Master

Perfection reloading tool

Just bought a Perfection Reloading Tool made by Heuter Bros of SF, Cal. It is built like an arbor press, with a 5 inch round cast base with an 8in upright pipe with an adjustable arbor press head. Sorry, can't upload pictures of it till I get a smartphone and learn to use it.
    Does anyone have any info on it, and any pictures of the dies and tooling used with it, or a link to any old advertising showing it?
    Somewhere I've seen a picture of it,or one marked Pacific,maybe in an old Handloaders Digest, but haven't run across it yet.

Boolit Master

A Pacific is shown on the BAY 173987423910
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    I have that same press that my father found at a machine shop yard sale in mid 80's for $5.00. No dies and have never seen any good details of the tooling. The Ebay photo has an added wood handle not orignal. Always assumed that it was only an open bullet setter press so the slot at base kept shell in line and a simple bullet guide in the ram as the head/arbor has a limited travel and can be adjusted to height on the ram.
    Shaune509

Banned
    Hueter on the right, Pacific on the left. Hueter dies are beyond complicated, Pacific redesigned the dies and shell holder when they bought the Hueter in 1928,still the dies are complicated though the Pacific shellholder is OK.

It is a full Arbor press capable of reloading any cartridge, but not full length resizing.

I don't have any Pacific dies, the press shown has a bullet puller attached. I do have some Hueter dies but no pictures at the point in time.

I have not located any print material for either press.

Ken

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of Perfection Reloading Tool 001 (2).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	247239

Boolit Buddy
    I wrote an article on the Pacific Perfection. It was published in Handloader's Digest 1995.

Boolit Master
    Thank you all for the replies, now to find my 1995 Handloaders digest, and Mr Krag1902's article!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Mr Krag1902 just received Handloaders 1995 and read your fine shot write up on the Perfection press. With your photos and description it clearafies and confirms what I've thought. The all knowing 'net' has not been easy to find any info as compleat as your write up.
    Shaune509

Boolit Buddy
    Your kind words graciously accepted. Thanks.