Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Load Data

Thread: 6.5x55 Lee Loader

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever

6.5x55 Lee Loader

While there is another thread on Lee Loaders currently running, I chose to start another rather than step on that discussion.

While patrolling the local shops , this week, I came across a Lee Loader in 6.5x55. Part of a group of used reloading dies, some of them hard used and some near pristine. I am not a user or collector of these tools but because of the regular discussions on the board about these products and their collectability, I took notice. I have seen many of these tool sets over the years. Most were the paper box sets I remember from the late 60s when I was getting into reloading. This set is in a plastic box and has a price tag on it from a regional sporting goods chain (Sunset, which closed, in this area in the late 80s or early 90s, if I remember correctly). The price, new, at Sunset was $11.98 The used price was $10.00. The loader appears little used and except for the lack of instruction sheet is complete. I know that checking several suppliers that the 6.5x55 is no longer listed a currently available. (I know that doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't still available as a special order or that somebody might be sitting on a dozen sets someplace) I was just wondering if anyone here might recall when Lee started/ stopped making the Lee Loader in 6.5x55.

Boolit Master

They were used to load 6.5 Jap witch is 6.5x50,as well as 6.5x55.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Is the jap that close to the 6.5/55? I know that there only neck sizers so it should work. I have one I bought 27 years ago and have never used it. I used my lee 303 a lot worked great

Boolit Master

Yep I used my Lee loader for years,dies where hard to find before the internet.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 08-23-2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Fat fingers small keyboard
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    I watched a U-tube video on Lee loaders where it was mentioned that the 6.5 loader was not in the Lee catalog anymore, so I found one on ebay and ordered it. That was two or three years ago.

Boolit Master

I have been watching the Lee Loaders in evilbay and some calibers like the 6.5x55 and 8x57 are bringing really high prices, sometimes well over a hundred dollars. I bought one about a year ago for $37.05 and could not believe my luck at finding one at that price. I have not seen one sell for less than $80.00 in quite some time and they are getting really hard to find in those 2 calibers. james