Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data

Thread: Browning 1892

Browning 1892

About a year ago I sold a LNIB Browning B92 in 44mag
    It was the model without the saddle ring.
    I never fired it much but it was an incredibly smooth action
    This week I was told by a friend that he spotted a used BROWNING 1892 in 45 Colt. I am not familiar with this. I was under the impression that the Japanese Browning B92 was in only 357 or 44.
    Any help?
    How much is it worth?
    I am one gun away from happy

Boolit Grand Master

They only cataloged 357 and 44. While it's possible they did a special order run I have never heard of it and I have followed them fairly closely. My bet its he is mistaken or it's a rebarrel.

Everyone of these that I have seen is marked Winchester.

https://www.ammoland.com/2015/04/win...#axzz5xTlOdu00
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    I'm pretty sure that One of the members on Leverguns years ago had one in .45 Colt. He lives in Canada, He did a lot of hunting up there that most could only dream of and took a lot of game with it. His handle was .45 Stomp if I remember right. I would have bought the Browning but I only ever saw 1 for sale and it was gone.

Boolit Grand Master

I am another who have never seen one but now heard they "exist". I did a search to see if one is for sale and so far nothing.
    We do have a jap Winchester 92 in 45 Colt with a 26" octagon that is a joy to sit with behind cross sticks.

I should also have wrote we did the rebound hammer cure the first time it miss fired.
    Last edited by missionary5155; 07-12-2020 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    My former next door neighbor bought one in 45 Colt. He got it via CDNN for a lot less than the list price of $1800. But he didn't save all he thought he would, he than bought a 45 Colt Ruger single action revolver to accompany the rifle.

Boolit Grand Master

Per an email reply from Browning the B92 were .357 and 44 Mag. only. I have seen one rebore and one rebarrel in 45 Colt.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Be interesting to know if the "re-bore or re barrel 45 Colts on the B92 have those huge chambers like the Japchesters do.

I know that Browning sold a model 53 .218 Bee for a short time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of the M53 in 32-20.

Boolit Master

I do too, it's gorgeous and slick as glass.

Boolit Master
    the model 53 is in 32-20 and 218 bee is model 65, model 71 is 348 win, the only model 92's I've seen are in 44 mag and 357mag, I wish there was a comprehensive list of all the lever guns they reproduced during the era that these were made basically in the 80's from what I understand. All the ones I have seen are really nice high quality in all aspects.

Moderator Emeritus

Offer what you sold your 44 for to start and see what he thinks it is worth.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze