Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 81s range report

Beretta 81s range report

We wound up with 2 if these little suckers. Always heard .32's multiply. First range trip was with Winchester 71grn FMJ (forgive me). First target was the first 5 shots from a standing 2 hand hold at 15 yards. First shot was high. Gun two target was 5 at 15 and 5 at 25. The two shots between the two groups was at 25 (lost 3). The other 5 holes were from 15. I am pleased. Mrs. Thumbcocker is pleased.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Thanks for the report. I've ordered one of these and have my buddy in Italy looking for magazines because there seem to be no spares on this side of the water, according to Beretta USA.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Can you load the mag with it locked in the pistol? I had a m70 .22 that you could- a neat feature
    . Thanks for the report.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Are these from the batch that are on sale at CDNN and others right now?

Boolit Master
    Both of those berettas look really nice , and the shooting ain't to shabby .
    Nice

From Aim Surplus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Aim had sold out. The second came from DK in Virginia. I honestly couldn't tell $20 difference between the two although the bottom gun was a "select" grade. They both ran perfectly. I think from a rest a clay pigeon could have a bad day at 50 yards. The sights are much better than many .32's like a 1903. I don't know how durable they will be. They will be on an exclusive boolit diet soon. Both bores were shiny and smooth. I noticed when I put a patch through the bores that they seemed tight so I need to slug them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Just ordered one of those from Classic Firearms, should be here in a couple of days.

Magazines appear to be pricey, starting at 50$ from Beretta, and working up to 70$ elsewhere.

Will give a range report once I have a chance to shoot it.
    Ordered Fiochhi factory loads for starters as I have no brass for that caliber as yet.

Boolit Master
    Just ordered one. They look nice. Ready to start looking up 32 acp loading from outpost 75. Can’t believe I ordered another pistols like I really need one haha. More dies to order, powder bullet molds it never stops thanks guys

Looked hard at these but .32 is the ONE cartridge I shoot, but don’t load. So, yes, it would get expensive for me too if I bought one. Probably hold out for a 92S instead. I’d also be interested in a single action beretta which I know exists but I haven’t been able to determine exactly which ones.

Boolit Master
    I also ordered from DK in Virginia. If any body can find magazines for this gun please let us know.

Boolit Master
    I already have a 92fs in 9 mm I really like. This is just another caliber to load for . Over time will start getting dies. Bullets, probably will order them for now then a mold. Hope in a year or so will have everything I need . Spreading out the purchases helps. For me anyway

Boolit Master
    Looking good! I shot 10 PPU 71 gr thru mine today. 5 at about 12 single action then 5 double. Group was about like your 2nd, but lower. Cycles well and pleasantly doesn’t throw brass to the next county. Got some Fiochie 77 gr coming, and getting a die set coming. There is a company making grips for these from G10, they wind up being narrower than an 85!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Outpost75 what do you thank about the beretta shooting the hotter ammo. Will it hold up or use sparingly thanks

Banned
    Thanks for sharing that report.
    I've had a bunch of Berettas over the years and I have always been impressed with their quality.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    Looked hard at these but .32 is the ONE cartridge I shoot, but don’t load. So, yes, it would get expensive for me too if I bought one. Probably hold out for a 92S instead. I’d also be interested in a single action beretta which I know exists but I haven’t been able to determine exactly which ones.
    is this a good price on a 92s https://rguns.net/shop/beretta-92s-p...rd-9mm-pistol/ they also have a 85
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    is this a good price on a 92s https://rguns.net/shop/beretta-92s-p...rd-9mm-pistol/ they also have a 85
    I can't tell you if that's a good price for you BUT, the 92S was an Italian made model 92 with a slide mounted safety and a magazine release at the lower rear corner of the grip. Magazines for this pistol require the notch in the lower left corner of the magazine (not difficult to add if needed).
    That pistol was later superseded by the 92SB with the mag release located in the traditional American location behind the trigger guard (1911 style) and the addition of a firing pin block safety.

I shot a 92SB for many years and it was an outstanding pistol ! The older Italian made 92's were well fitted but you're talking about guns that are now pushing 30+ years old. So that used model 92S may be a lightly used model or it may have seen a hard life. Caveat Emptor
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 08-24-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Boolit Master
    I thank its a good deal at rguns. I got my 92fs awhile back while they where still 249$. The guns are have to buy to see what you get. My 92 is decent but has some holster wear. Looks like it was shot very little. Most of these guns should be decent shape but don’t expect prefect new finish.

Boolit Master
    I have bought 6 police trade in pistols so far . All have holster wear but look almost never used.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jniedbalski View Post
    Outpost75 what do you thank about the beretta shooting the hotter ammo. Will it hold up or use sparingly thanks
    If these have the aluminum alloy frame, I would not feed them a steady diet of hot loads, but they should be OK with Euro-CIP hardball which they were designed for. They should be OK with occasional use of the heavy bullet handloads. I plan to try them in mine when it arrives, but will replace the recoil spring with one intended for the .380 ACP Model 84 before doing so.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast