Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Another AR Trigger ?

Boolit Buddy

Another AR Trigger ?

curious about trigger "cassette's".
    paid what I would consider big bucks for aftermarket trigger component style (all pieces),and have been happy with them. (175$$ range)
    reviews say cassette's are superior. or maybe consistent would be a better word. haven't seen much real discussion on triggers other than in product reviews. other than easing assembly is there other pro's or con's to consider ?
    jack rabbits is probably the hardest work it will do, tin cans, paper and keeping my pup exercised mostly.
    the ones I was looking at this morning were 3lbs and 99.99$, where I was thinking 3.5-4lbs would be more closer to what I would need. what's your thoughts ?
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nun2kute View Post
    curious about trigger "cassette's".
    paid what I would consider big bucks for aftermarket trigger component style (all pieces),and have been happy with them. (175$$ range)
    reviews say cassette's are superior. or maybe consistent would be a better word. haven't seen much real discussion on triggers other than in product reviews. other than easing assembly is there other pro's or con's to consider ?
    jack rabbits is probably the hardest work it will do, tin cans, paper and keeping my pup exercised mostly.
    the ones I was looking at this morning were 3lbs and 99.99$, where I was thinking 3.5-4lbs would be more closer to what I would need. what's your thoughts ?
    I only purchase triggers that have been polished, most in the $50 and under range and they work great for my purposes. The drop-in triggers are nice, but for me, they are not that nice. The advantage they have is that they can be tuned at the factory and they have full control over the tolerances of their trigger. If I was shooting for competition, or somehow made money with it, I'd invest in one, but otherwise for hunting and plinking, what I have works just fine.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve have several Geissele triggers and a POF in my ARs and Timneys in my bolt guns including a Calvin elite in my last build. Single and double stage. I’ve found I really like the double stage triggers for my ARs and a nice crisp single stage for target and varmint work. I’ve found no difference in component vs cassette types in my usage.

Boolit Master

the jard adj is my #1 choice in ar triggers. dont have much use for the cassete types. having said that, trigger tech has released one recently, and if its anything like their bolt gun triggers it'll be a must have.

Boolit Master

Loads of excellent triggers today. Everyone and there mothers cousin has something!!

I know its not a “cassette”. But I REALLY like the LaRue that goes on sale regularly for 100$. Its a FINE TRIGGER

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Mold

I've done builds with CMC, Giessele, and TriggerTech. I like them all, but I've pretty well settled on CMC. Their 3.5 pound feels just right to me.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Stayed with cmc used several others gave them to fellows and replaced with cmc cassettes 3.5 pounds and crisp

Boolit Master

That LaRue trigger you linked to is the only trigger I will buy from now on. It is sweet for $87. Love the one in my 6.5 Grendel.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Master
    I have 3 of the cmc, all are marked 3.5 all are under that, single stage and crisp! My AR pistols were not shooting that well, after installing the cmc's, all of them cut their groups in half!!

Boolit Buddy
    Where would the fun be if I had enough cash to try them all ? I could do reviews and spread my internet opinion/expertise online, life would be good okay, fantasies aside.
    tried Geissele and Timney, nice triggers w/no complaints. Polished several GI/parts kit triggers myself and improved on them, but not completely satisfied with them. Even though the price is nice.
    Like I said, i'm just curious. Got a AR15 and 10 in the works, just keeping my mind open with an eye out for sales, no hurry. I had just decided to try and keep this trigger over parts kits and under 100$ and you have provided well. I even got names never heard before. AAAHh but the weekend beckons, it's time to go shooting !!!

The larue trigger is nice, but I don’t think it’s far superior from an enhanced psa trigger group and it’s much cheaper. As far as a cassette style, cmc is tough to beat as far as value for the money.

I guess it is just personal preference. I do prefer the LaRue over the PSA enhanced it replaced. But the PSA enchanced is a nice trigger for the money.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Banned

I like POF 4.5 pound
    With the KNS pins

Banned

put a drop-in RISE armament RA140 into the first AR and did the same for the second AR. wonderful triggers and priced right.

Boolit Grand Master
    When I wasn’t buying I saw a couple of the mid-priced cassette type triggers that were user adjustable for weight. Has anyone here tried any of these and if yes, how did they do for you?

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Not sure what you consider "mid-priced" but Primary Arms is having a Labor Day sale rite now. I'm still window shopping.

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer