RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Rotometals has type for sale

Rotometals has type for sale

A 45 pound box with freight is $109.99 https://www.rotometals.com/mono-foun...-balance-lead/

Works out to around $2.45 a pound delivered so not that bad on price. They say quantity is limited.

They also have a 1000 lb. pallet for sale but... that amount is a little spendy but gets the price down to around $2 a pound. I wouldn't sell it that cheap generally speaking. Of course I don't have 1000 lbs. to sell either.

Thought this might be of interest to the folks posting about getting alloys or wondering about what to mix in as a sweetener. At 8 - 14 percent tin and 20 - 26 percent antimony this would be a pretty good sweetener, especially for a quantity of plain lead such as flashing.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a great price! I wonder what the story on that stuff is.

Banned
    If I needed Linotype I would jump on that.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have bought Linotype from Roto before it is some nice stuff for sure
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

This in mono/foundry type. Individual block letters. Richer alloy than even linotype. Lino when fresh has Sn/Sb at 4/12 and this is minimum of 8/20 with a high of 12/28 So probably running at around 2x the alloy of linotype.

If I hadn't already purchased a bunch of mono/foundry elsewhere I would be very tempted. Last time I sold some type I think my price was a bit over what Rotometals is charging per pound, not often that folks will sell off that lead. Too scarce, it has been a long time since setting single letters in trays to print was a normal printing operation.

Do wonder at how they came to possess a large enough supply to offer it in 1000 lb. and 60 lb. shipments. I found 450 lbs. once and that came from an old printer who kept his shops equipment in his garage. This would have needed to be a really larger printing operation to have that much weight in letters.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I shoot WD range scrap in handguns and rifles for a little over a buck a pound with great results....

Banned
    thats all i used to shoot when lino came to me in 5 gallon buckets wish i was in that position now.

Boolit Master
    i agree good price on the 1000lbs but more than i want to spend right now.
    would go great with the rest of my stash.