WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

I indeed baptize you with water…but He…will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. MATTHEW 3:11
    Have I ever come to the point in my life where I can say, “I indeed…but He…”? Until that moment comes, I will never know what the baptism of the Holy Spirit means. I indeed am at the end, and I cannot do anything more— but He begins right there— He does the things that no one else can ever do. Am I prepared for His coming? Jesus cannot come and do His work in me as long as there is anything blocking the way, whether it is something good or bad. When He comes to me, am I prepared for Him to drag every wrong thing I have ever done into the light? That is exactly where He comes. Wherever I know I am unclean is where He will put His feet and stand, and wherever I think I am clean is where He will remove His feet and walk away.
    Repentance does not cause a sense of sin— it causes a sense of inexpressible unworthiness. When I repent, I realize that I am absolutely helpless, and I know that through and through I am not worthy even to carry His sandals. Have I repented like that, or do I have a lingering thought of possibly trying to defend my actions? The reason God cannot come into my life is that I am not at the point of complete repentance.
    “He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” John is not speaking here of the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience, but as a work performed by Jesus Christ. “He will baptize you….” The only experience that those who are baptized with the Holy Spirit are ever conscious of is the experience of sensing their absolute unworthiness.
    “I indeed” was this in the past, “but He” came and something miraculous happened. Get to the end of yourself where you can do nothing, but where He does everything.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Amen an awesome much needed truth this morning!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good lesson !
    No turning back , No turning back !

This light burns true. Amen
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, brother. Why is it we doubt His power, when He created the whole entire universe for us???? If He can do that, answering our prayers and fulfilling our needs would be child's play for Him, wouldn't it? "Oh ye of little faith" is a passage that comes to mind pretty regularly when considering our humble human behavior and lack of fulfilling His directions. As Shakespeare said some 300 years ago, "What fools these mortals be!"