MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Repackbox

Thread: 357 mag buck and swc.

357 mag buck and swc.

Was just experimenting today (just cause, ya know?) With 357 mag shot shells and saw a 00 buckshot shell on my bench and thought, why not? Found i could fit 2 balls in a case and they weigh 111 grains or something. So i load em upwith card on each side and just play around. Then get the bright idea to put one of the lee 105 grain swc on top of one ball. Was kinda cool, only shot one of these cause it was getting dark spread was about 2 or 3 inches at about 20 to 25 yards. Was just kinda neat to be loading aimlessly.

Have no clue what this could be used for, but it was fun!
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Boolit Buddy

There is a long thread on multi projectiles loads by PettyPace in the Wheelgun, pistols and hand cannon section. He has done extensive testing with ballistic gel. I personally use two projectiles .360 round ball loads in my Chiefs special 38 night stand gun, and on occasion also pocket carry it. Two holes is better than one theory, with one shot.

Boolit Master

need to give this a try

thanks for getting me thinking
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

If you flatten the 00 buck, and size it to .357", you can get three of them inside a case. They make a triangle when fired, at least in the ones I did. I greased up thin cardboard wads I cut from a shoebox and placed a card between the "bullets". I don't know if it did any good or not, but it made me feel better. I cut the card wads on my Lyman lubrisizer, just using the top punch and sizing die.

This was done a long time ago, and I don't remember what powder charge I used, but it was probably from data for the weight of the three projectiles.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.