RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Master caster people! Quick question?

Boolit Mold

Question Master caster people! Quick question?

Hey team.

I have finally secured a master caster! It’s shipping now ( I live in New Zealand, so it takes a while).
    While I wait, I want to build a new bench for it.
    I was wondering if someone could give me the rough dimensions on the footprint the base has on a bench?

Thanks in advance!
    Kiwi

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Mines 14" long and 8" wide. Lol

I sheeted mine off in galvanized steel sheets to take care of any splatters. And added a chute to water cool all my boolits.

Last edited by MOA; 08-22-2019 at 06:12 AM.

I made a wooden base for mine, with wooden boxes I made under it to collect the bullets and sprues.

You'll also need one of these to make putting the sprues back into the pot easier.

And this will make it easier to unplug the spigot holes when debris plugs them up.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Mold
    @MOA and @ReloaderFred

Thanks so much guys, that's exactly what I was after!
    I think ill end up with something like a combination of your two setups, with a chute for the bullets and a drawer or maybe a basket for the sprue.

Well, now to build this bench, ill be posting a build thread in a month or so, im going to automate this Master caster, but using a Clearpath Servo and an arduino rather than Pnumatics.

Thanks again gents

Kiwi

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Kiwi, I'll be watching for your updates on bench and automation. Here in the south near the coast the bench being outside will not last very long. It's been about 6 years for mine and even covered with two vinyl tarps the constant high humidity levels and rain are trashing the bench, but no place else to put it for now. If I must cast and it's raining I set it up on the master pot base and then start casting on top of the kitchen stove with the hood fan running. Lol. When we get re-settled again it will have a dedicated spot indoors and climate controlled environment.

Boolit Master

Watching
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95