RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm Mold for Hi-Tek Coating

Boolit Mold
    I ladle cast two 5 cavity no groove NOE 135 grain and HTC coat them, production is a little over 1200 an hour. I'm not sure if Al makes a 147 five cavity but with two or even better three you can make lots of bullets in a short period of time.

Boolit Master

I have a 147gr slick sided TC mold from Accurate Molds, it shoots very well and feeds great in everything I've tried it in.

Boolit Bub
    As others have said, some of the well know mould makers such as MP, NOE and Accurate have some really good heavy weight 9mm molds to choose from. I personally have been casting a bunch of NOE 358-147 slick sided which I then powder coat and size to 356. Shoots great in all my 9mm pistols and my MP5. One issue I did have was I was not expanding my cases so the bullet was getting squeezed down by the case. The powder expander that came with my Mr. Bullet feeder fixed that issue. A Lyman "M" die should fix that as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by vtech26 View Post
    As others have said, some of the well know mould makers such as MP, NOE and Accurate have some really good heavy weight 9mm molds to choose from. I personally have been casting a bunch of NOE 358-147 slick sided which I then powder coat and size to 356. Shoots great in all my 9mm pistols and my MP5. One issue I did have was I was not expanding my cases so the bullet was getting squeezed down by the case. The powder expander that came with my Mr. Bullet feeder fixed that issue. A Lyman "M" die should fix that as well.

Some pics of mold and bullets:Attachment 249997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191021_161833.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	249998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191021_160834.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	249999

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12