Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Anyone know if BNE is still testing?

Boolit Master

Anyone know if BNE is still testing?

Hello all,
    Does anyone know if BNE is still testing lead samples? His inbox is full. Thanks. Boats

Banned
    PM him. I haven't heard any different

Boolit Buddy
    just did a couple for me a couple weeks ago, a couple more on the way now

Boolit Master
    My understanding is that he does the analyses, with permission, after hours on equipment at work. He has gotten very popular here, what with all the enthusiastic recommendations and his extremely modest request of a pound of lead per test, and, while I don't know for a fact, I'd guess that it's easy to get a big back log.

He has to process each sample, flattening it, scraping the surface, maybe cleaning it as well. The ridiculously sensitive and expensive (tens of thousands of dollars each) lab grade instruments he uses probably need frequent calibration. He has to keep the results in order (I've personally sent him as many as twenty four) and send them out to the right people. And he has to keep this activity from annoying his boss to the point where he won't be allowed to do it any more. All this is on his own time after a full day's work, when I'm sure that, at least occasionally he'd rather be spending the time with his family.

While doing this certainly keeps BNE in lead, it's more a service that he provides to our casting community than a business. If you're patient, I'm sure you'll reach him and find it worth the wait.

Or, if you're in a hurry, you can get the XRF done by our banner sponsor, Rotometals. They're having a sale on testing right now, over 20% off, so it'll just cost you $45 per test.

https://www.rotometals.com/metals-analysis-xrf/

Boolit Master

Thanks for the reply's