WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea for storing and organizing loose shell holders

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I like the Bobbin Box idea! Thanx diopter!

Moderator Emeritus

Diopter -- I love your idea, and will be seeking plastic box)es) to duplicate. I "started" using drawers in a metal parts box, but with additional shell-holders acquired through the years picked up (empty) Lyman shell-holder assortment boxes. Now I have four of these, labeled -- three in front of the metal box, and one in garage (my "brass cleaning" station out there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shellholders.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	247050 "Yes" -- I generally can find the 'holders I need rather quickly -- but I do think you have come upon a better system for storage. Kudos, and thanks!
    geo

Boolit Master
    That’s a very good tip, I usually get left over boxes from wife’s art hobby that don’t work for her but I find a way to get it to work. Labeling seams like good idea also. Thanks.

I drilled the proper size holes in a piece of hardwood that resembles a loading block and put them on the board in order, Small #s to large. Gp

Boolit Master
    I keep a shellholder with each set of dies and an extra full set of lee shellholders with the decapping press out in the shop. also have a full set of shellholders with the lee primer tools.

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the idea. After reading your post , I decided to look on Amazon. They have hundreds of bobbin boxes, but I settled on a clear plastic box that held 25 bobbins-sold as a pair for 5.59. Shell holders fit perfectly and the boxes seem quite sturdy. For years I've kept my holders in the little green individual boxes that RCBS holders used to come in. Over the years the clasp broke on many of these and I also acquired a bunch of loose ones. I keep the holders for the Lee priming tools , and Sinclair and K&M in the little red boxes that Lee sells. I've thought about getting those for my regular shell holders, but these work much better, I stuck a small gummed label on the lid over each holder for quick identification.

Boolit Master
    Those bobbin box's are a great idea !

I use the clear plastic cases for keeping screws etc in order(organizer) as I remove from pistol, rifle etc.
    Even have an additional two(different models) designated for laptop disassembly. Keeps those little 3mm screws in tow.
    ymmv

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12