Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading Everything

Thread: Luke 12:49-53

Boolit Master

Luke 12:49-53

Having been busy moving-in our incoming UT sophomore to her new apartment last Saturday, we instead attended Sunday evening church service.

The gospel, as expounded by our deacon (who happens to be a county constable as well), reminded us to be firm in our conviction even if it creates division & ridicule from the majority, including people we love most.

Its easy to be opinionated with moral issues until it hits closer to home & we're in conflict with our own flock.
    At times of high emotions like these when we most need focus & guidance for candor in defining clear line between right & wrong, not widening the gray line, neither for our own convenience nor to calm an overwhelming opposition.

It can't be more emphasized nowadays, when there seems to be a wide blurry gray line dividing right & wrong with darker hues favoring one or the other depending on which biased info source you reference. Laws of men seems to make it even worse akin to public opinion. Legal & moral can no longer be intertwined.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    In Texas constables are usually near minimum wage "wannabe cops". I cannot imagine sitting through a sermon preached by the near bottom feeders that I have had contact with. Most seem to be best suited to serving papers.
    EDG

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    In Texas constables are usually near minimum wage "wannabe cops". I cannot imagine sitting through a sermon preached by the near bottom feeders that I have had contact with. Most seem to be best suited to serving papers.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    If you're from Texas, you should know that county constables are elected to office & not "wannabe cops" near minimum wage. If not, hope you don't disrespect not just the office of a Texas constable but also the people who voted for them.
    FYI in Texas, constables are fully empowered peace officers with county-wide jurisdiction and thus, may legally exercise their authority within their jurisdiction.
    Appreciate your comments nonetheless.

Boolit Master
    Perhaps you need to investigate the constable's function a little more.
    They really are "wanna be cops" in every sense of the word.
    People in Texas vote for stupid stuff all the time. Voting for a constable may be no different than voting for that idiot Sheila Jackson Lee who I am sure you are familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig556r View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.
    If you're from Texas, you should know that county constables are elected to office & not "wannabe cops" near minimum wage. If not, hope you don't disrespect not just the office of a Texas constable but also the people who voted for them.
    FYI in Texas, constables are fully empowered peace officers with county-wide jurisdiction and thus, may legally exercise their authority within their jurisdiction.
    Appreciate your comments nonetheless.
    EDG

Boolit Master

Thanks again, so I take it you're not from the state yet an expert.
    SJL does not represent the state just her district but I guess you knew that as well, just meant to demean the entire state anyways.
    You can shoot all the messengers if you may, that's your business, won't take that against you.

Boolit Master
    The problems(divisions) most face aren't about rite and wrong, but differences of opinion.

Boolit Master
    jajaja
    Oh yes I am a resident of the state of Texas and have been all of my life. I have been longer than you-
    I take it you really know nothing much about constables.
    People in Houston are Texans too. Like I said Texans vote for stupid stuff all the time and that includes Shiela Jackson Lee. It also means that you are trying to disconnect yourself from the reality that the system including the election of constables is not fool proof.
    Your powers of perception seem to be lacking when judging me and other things in this state.

Thanks again, so I take it you're not from the state yet an expert.
    SJL does not represent the state just her district but I guess you knew that as well, just meant to demean the entire state anyways.
    You can shoot all the messengers if you may, that's your business, won't take that against you.
    EDG

Boolit Buddy
    .....The gospel, as expounded by our deacon (who happens to be a county constable as well), reminded us to be firm in our conviction even if it creates division & ridicule from the majority, including people we love most. ....
    Well, this thread sure took an abrupt turn.
    OP, you got trolled into discussing Texas politics rather than your post about Luke 12:49-53 .

I'm not a Chapter/Verse guy so I looked up that passage.
    I agree with your views on it from what you posted.
    Thanks for the post.

In Texas Constables are elected in Justice of the Peace precincts, some times Constables serve multiple JP precincts. To be a Contable or a Deputy Constable, the individual must be a certified Texas Peace Officer. While they serve the various JP courts, they also have general statewide law enforcement jurisdiction. They are often the first responders to rural crime scenes. Their compensation is set by the County Court in which they serve.

They serve a very valuable function in the Texas legal system and are not "wannabe" cops. In large counties, they my seem to be irrelvant, but in low population/rural counties, they are often the first line of law enforcement. They are most often closer to a law enforcment need than the County Sheriff who is often many miles away. They also perform valuable traffic control service on the rural roads in their precincts where State Troopers and Sheriffs Deputies seldom are seen.

Texas has a handful of counties with high population urban centers that have large police departement, but the vast vast majority of Texas counties are rural in nature with no police departments outside of the County Seat. The Sheriff's Dept. lacks the resources to provide adequate law enforcment coverage and that is where the Constables come into play. They serve as a "force multiplier". From time to time, Constables take bullets, just like every other LEO in Texas that carry a badge and gun.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-19-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    You do not have to be a certified Texas Peace Officer to be elected constable.
    You do have to pass the certification after election if you are not already certified.
    This is an example of the potential for getting a wanna be for a constable.
    So if he was just certified to keep the job he may not have 15 minutes experience in actual law enforcement.
    Would you want to learn to fly an airplane from reading a book?

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    In Texas Constables are elected in Justice of the Peace precincts, some times Constables serve multiple JP precincts. To be a Contable or a Deputy Constable, the individual must be a certified Texas Peace Officer. While they serve the various JP courts, they also have general statewide law enforcement jurisdiction. They are often the first responders to rural crime scenes. Their compensation is set by the County Court in which they serve.

They serve a very valuable function in the Texas legal system and are not "wannabe" cops. In large counties, they my seem to be irrelvant, but in low population/rural counties, they are often the first line of law enforcement. They are most often closer to a law enforcment need than the County Sheriff who is often many miles away. They also preform valuable traffic control service on the rural roads in their precincts where State Troopers and Sheriffs Deputies seldom are seen.
    EDG

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    You do not have to be a certified Texas Peace Officer to be elected constable.
    You do have to pass the certification after election if you are not already certified.
    This is an example of the potential for getting a wanna be for a constable.
    So if he was just certified to keep the job he may not have 15 minutes experience in actual law enforcement.
    Would you want to learn to fly an airplane from reading a book?
    The same is true for people elected Sheriffs. They cannot exercise any law enforcement function until they are certified. They are not certified through reading a book, but through classes and hands on experience.

Every Texas individual with law enforcement credentials must go through the same course of training, mandated by the state.This includes local police, county police like sheriffs and constables and state agencies like Department of Public Safety and Game Wardens. Some agencies also provide specialized training beyond the basic, like the DPS and Game Warden but most do not. Every newly minted officer will have a first day on the job. Constables are just the same as everybody else.

One of my sons is the Fire Marshall in a large city in the Dallas Metroplex. In addition to the Fire Academy, he went through the Police Academy and many hours of training in arson investigation. Even he had a first day on the job, they all do. I don't know what you do, but even you had a first day on the job. I can remember my first day as a lawyer, a pastor and a university professor. I had training for each profession, but still there was a first day of doing it.

We have three or four Constables here in Cameron County. Every one of them ran for the office after years of experience with the Sheriffs office or one of the Police Departments in the county. They are all career law enforcement officers who wanted to be the Chief and not another indian.

What is the burr under you saddle about Constables anyway. One of the give you a ticket or arrest you? You seem to have an unreasonable grudge against them, and there must be a reason.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-19-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Reading this thread is much like watching a tennis match and infinitely more entertaining.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN