Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: WTB: Old-type Pacific C-type press "SF CAL"

Boolit Bub

WTB: Old-type Pacific C-type press "SF CAL"

Title pretty much says it, thought maybe someone out there had one they wanted to get rid of. Might be interested in the later ones with the patent number on the side too, for the right price.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	246884
    I have this press I’d be willing to sell. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by iuvenal View Post
    Title pretty much says it, thought maybe someone out there had one they wanted to get rid of. Might be interested in the later ones with the patent number on the side too, for the right price.
    I take it you are looking for a press actually made by Pacific before they sold. Lots of presses bear the Pacific name that were not made by Pacific.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Bub
    Hi Char-Gar, yes specifically the older model marked "SF CAL" on the side, before they started putting the patent # on the presses.

DPMSman, thanks, but have one of those already.

Quote Originally Posted by iuvenal View Post
    Hi Char-Gar, yes specifically the older model marked "SF CAL" on the side, before they started putting the patent # on the presses.

DPMSman, thanks, but have one of those already.
    Those were first year production, around 1930 I think. They are very hard to find. Starting around 1931 or so, the SF CAL (San Francisco California) was replaced with the patent number. Pre war presses with the patent number are not hard to find and reasonable in price. I have had three of them, but are now down to just one. Plus one early 50's Super C.

Lots of luck with your search. Recently a saw a pic of one a guy bought at a garage for $1.00. Like an idiot, I told him what he had, but honesty is pretty well "baked in" to my personality.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 08-18-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Bub
    Yeah I don't blame you, I would have to him too. That is some seriously good luck though. I've been looking for one for a little while, I think they are especially neat, as my wife grew up not too far from either the Hayes and/or Balboa St. addresses. Have you ever seen one marked "Pat. Pending"? I've heard they exist but have never seen one.

7. 08-19-2019, 12:17 PM
    Reason
    Conversation

Banned
    This is the press iuvenal is looking for. Pre-Patent Pacific from 1931, the patent was issued in 1932.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New 004.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	246951

I womder if any of the presses are marked with the palo alto address ? I do have a later blue one --

Quote Originally Posted by Pavogrande View Post
    I womder if any of the presses are marked with the palo alto address ? I do have a later blue one --
    I don't believe they are any, but Pressman can correct me if I am wrong. The blue presses were made after Pacifc sold the company around 1959 or 60.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Pressman, thats the one. I'll find one someday, thought it would be worth checking on here, maybe something I'll repost periodically. Char-gar: I know what you mean, ebay is addictive, I actually just picked up a Pacific Super for fairly cheap. I picked up a Super Deluxe a while ago for $19, needed the linkaged fixed. That's what started the obsession in the first place.