MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners

Thread: What states can muzzleloaders NOT be shipped to?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

What states can muzzleloaders NOT be shipped to?

Figured I would post this here as some of you have Curios, FFLs, etc. and are "up on what is kosher". It's been a while since I have sold and shipped any muzzleloaders - I'm thinking of selling several rifles and perhaps a couple of cap and ball revolvers as well.

That said . . . I know things have "changed" and if I understand it correctly, you cannot ship in to New Jersey as they require a FFL transfer. Can anyone tell me what states do not allow muzzleloaders - side lock rifles and cap and ball revolvers to be shipped in to them now? I also realize that some municipalities may not allow it as well. I just don't want to get in to a problem if I put the up to sell. It's ridiculous I know, but with the political climate and stages like New Jersey restricting them, I'm guessing there are other . . er . . . ah . . . "ill be polite and just say "restrictive states" that may have laws preventing it now?

Putting a "waiver" in the ad to sell them and stating that the buyer must know whether they can receive muzzleloaders in their locality doesn't "cut it" - ignorance of the law is not excuse for either the seller or the buyer and I just don't want a "problem" if I decide to sell them.

Thanks for any info on it. Appreciate it.

Jim

Boolit Master

IL needs to go to a FFL
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    I had one shipped directly from Smith and Wesson to my summer house in Massachusetts a couple of years ago.

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer