Within the last five days I viewed a "universal" [pump] shotgun barrel shroud. It looked - I don't know - off in some way. Which brings me up to date for my query. Several shotgun manufacturers, Mossberg being the most obvious, have available for their pump shotguns barrel shrouds whose purpose is that used in World War I for pump shotguns used in the trenches by AEF. I own a perfectly functioning IAC 97 copy of the Winchester 1897 solid frame shotgun for which I seek the eye candy of a barrel shroud.

Originals from World Wars I and II are egregiously expensive, as are reproductions made in this country. And these shrouds all would require fitting, for the reproductions - that are part-for-part replacement - states that their shrouds do not fit and but Winchester 1897s. Mosberg shrouds are easy to obtain and more or less modestly priced. Is anyone aware of a non-OEM barrel shroud, specifically one that is currently mass produced such as Mossberg's, that has been affixed on IAC or Norinco copies of the 1897 solid frame 12 gauge? OR is anyone aware of a gunsmith who has done such adapting?