MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Lyman Spar T

Boolit Bub

Lyman Spar T

I have a Lyman Spar T that is need of a facelift. It looks like prior the prior owner(s) used a variety of colored paints over the years as several different colors are finally showing through.

My plan is to bead blast it and repaint it back to an original color. My question is regarding colors. From pictures, it looks like the Spar T was grey with a red turret, but I’ve also seen pictures of a yellow/orange version with a black turret. Did Lyman offer the Spar T in the yellow/orange color or were those just user custom paint jobs?

Thanks

Boolit Master
    Mine is original, with Grey body & Red Turret. I have not seen one any other colors than that, anyway. Not sure if that helps ya or not, but at least it is one answer about the original colors.

If he does not stop in here and say something himself, the member/Moderator Pressman collects presses & may have some more info if there were any other original colors at some time.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Mine matches JBinMN's press as far as color goes. I love mine for loading .38/.357.

Banned
    The orginal colors were gray and red. There's a later press with several design changes that is black and orange. These are not as common as the gray and red model.

Boolit Master

Gray & red on mine as well. Have 3 of them, all the same. Great press for pistol loading.

Boolit Master
    the gray is battle ship the red was called vermilion
    just to make it easy Massey Ferguson tractor paint is same
    Last edited by too many things; 08-17-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    Mine is the Orange and Black version. Bought mine, used in the early 90s. I think mine is probably a late version. I have seen the gray/red. It is what I use to load most all of the pistol rounds I use now days. Works well and I had a co-worker print me a primer catcher(I have an original that I bought with my first press, a Spartan. Like all primer catchers of its type, I must sweep the floor a couple times a year!).

Boolit Buddy
    My first press was a Spar T orange and black version.