Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Indiascammers have moved to the far east.

Boolit Master

Indiascammers have moved to the far east.

My wife occasionally picks up a phone call just for kicks. The one today had a pronounced Chinese accent. He told her that Microsoft is giving money to users and if she would call this number and give the person answering the phone your visa card number and bank account number, they would send her the money. But she must do it today before the offer expires. She listened to the whole scam and then said "I don't have a computer, can I still have the money? He hung up.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

I sort of enjoy the sport of messing with scammers on occasion too. If I'm in just the right frame of mind and in no particular hurry when one calls, I like to see just how far I can push the silliness of my questions and how much of their time I can waste.
    The last one that I talked to told me that his associate would be here in about 45 minutes to pick up my check to pay the taxes on my Publishers Clearinghouse winnings. He finally hung up on me after 20 minutes or so. His accent sounded like a cross between Jamaican and a Southern drawl.

Boolit Master

You guys are lucky your favorite telescammers speak english...ours just straight chinese off the bat...others spanish...we're neither
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    I'm pretty much dead in the water as far as identifying myself to anyone. I was notified yesterday that my social security number had been suspended, and I didn't call the number given for restoring it.

Boolit Master
    I watch a guy who calls scammers 8hr a day for a living its good stuff. says successful scams are down a lot in recent years

Boolit Buddy
    Had one awhile ago, I had won a brand new Caddilac!! All he needed was the taxes.

Told him it was great!! Just deliver the car and I will pay him.....He never showed.

Don

Boolit Master
    I got two scam emails from the tax dept saying if I didnt reply they would cancel my business no........I ignored them ,didnt even open the emails..........the tax dept is supposed to message me thru their secure portal,or somesuch......anyhoo,went to sell some scrap,my business number has been cancelled,woman at the payout window got angry cause she already made out the paperwork.Now I got to reapply ,and the secure portal is impossible,keeps telling me Im already registered and cant re register.

Boolit Master
    I got two today, from two different area codes, along with two voicemails saying (on a recording...and both the same recording) that my social security number has been suspended due to some suspicious activity, and for me to call back and press 1 to have it reinstated.

I'm old, but by no means stupid........
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

cant wait for india and pakistan to nuke each other. the phone will quit ringing for months until some other 3rd world craphole takes over telemarketing scams.

Boolit Master

I answer in German. They hang up immediately.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master
    I got a scammer so flustered he was stammering at the end of our "short conversation". Got the call, the bogus come on started, and I interrupted with "You're a thief. How are you going to face the Lord when judged?" He tried to say something and I interrupted again and kept asking how are you gong to face the Lord when it's your time? He started stumbling over his words and then just called me a ------ point of excretion. He hung up and even called me back a minute later, just raving. Some days are better than others.

Boolit Buddy
    When a scammers calls I can see it on the caller ID. I answer " Hello ( make up a name) police department, Frauds Division, Sargent Wilson speaking, how can I help you?". They hang up every time and I never have a repeat call from that number.

Boolit Master
    Heard where the scammers and robo calls were like 5 billion a week. I get a bunch right here in Louisiana from local and not so local areas here in Louisiana. Frank

Boolit Master

I got one last week that I answered but hardly listened to until he said if I didn't respond that a warrant for my arrest would be issued. I never did figure out what I was supposed to do. I guess, since I never said a word, there was no way to find out what he was threatening me with other than arrest.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

The aggravating ones right now are about Social Security enforcement. Never got a first call; they're all the second warning- for weeks.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Apparently my new truck’s factory warranty is about to expire.... and EVERYBODY knows it. I have received as many as 2-3 calls about it some days.

One of them called when I was at the range. I waited for the real person to come on line then once some shooting happened in the background, I weakly asked for help.... they hung up.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Buddy
    Since my phone is a business phone, I answer with just my name if I don't have the number in my phone contacts list, rather than the usual "Hello". Lot of silence while computers try to figure if I am there or not. Couple seconds of silence and I hang up.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Bub
    Ya, I got the ssi scammer call today, I just let em talk to the answering machine, it was a robot voice. I guess it/they thought I just fell off the turnip truck.
    bushman